Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on here actually got one fitted?

The reason I ask is last night whilst driving home from a wedding reception through ongar and abridge (all B roads for anyone not familiar) I decided to give it the beans and well, to put it bluntly...no noise.

I know there is a split on here between ragazzon and supersprint but how noisey are they?
The only experience of performance exhausts is an XR3i cabriolet I bought that had a peco back box on it. It sounded great when buzzing around but created a horrible rumble when on the motorway.

What I want is the car to still sound relatively quiet in 5th/6th but sound a bit more like an Italian car should when pushed through the revs.

·
Registered
33,217 Posts
Hi.
Google supersprint exhausts . They've got YouTube videos of their exhausts on their site.
I drove an Abarth grande punto for a couple of days a while back and the extra noise was tiresome , so you're right to check first .

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've watched all the videos of both exhausts and just seems to be people revving the car. There are so acceleration vids but you can never be 100% with the sound quality. That's why I was after real life experiences.

The end of the day, it's a family car first and my mini Maserati (in my head anyway lol) when the kids are not taking up the back seat! I know a lot of people who added aftermarket exhausts only to admit later they'd ruined the car.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I have the Supersprint backbox and it's definitely not too loud.

·
Regional Support, For South Scotland - AOSS
3,507 Posts
We've got the Ragazzon Concentric system on our MA - http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-giulietta/353929-dual-exhaust-fitment.html#post5033957. It's been on now for about 15k miles and has really mellowed. A nice fruity rasp around town, a satisfying howl when pushing towards the red line but fades to a distant 'rumble' when motorway cruising.

I did a short video not long after it was fitted, so it still sounds a bit 'tinny' compared to it now that it's fully sooted-up - plus the clutch was slipping at the time so I didn't want to push it too hard. I must get around to recording an updated version but here's the original : Giulietta 1.4MA with Ragazzon Twin Concentric Exhaust - Soundtrack - YouTube.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
For what I've read in other thread, the back box on it's own is not loud, to but, as you said, you can listen to as many video as possible but, it will never be the same as in real life. If you are unsure, wait until you find someone with either system fitted and try to get a lift so that you can make up your own opinion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts