Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just have a few questions regarding Ragazzon exhausts, if anyone has any experience of them:

1. What the quality like?

2. How loud - I notice there are centre sections with zero, one or two silencers?

3. Is the Gp.N rear box the same as the others minus the tailpipe?

B

·
0 Posts
:p I've got a two box system in mild steel with the oval tailpipe,quality seems fine,it all fitted ok,Its been on over a year and theres no external corrossion at all. :D The sounds not bad,though I sometimes wish I'd gone for the rear box only option,the missing first silencer has not really made much difference to noise levels,the cat probably dosn't help any system either. :( Group n ?,I suppose it must conform to certain regulations,may be a bit too loud.......... :confused:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Never seen a Raggazon exhaust but there are others, and for less. I put a Remus on my 1.8 16v coupled to a Supersprint center (from Cat). There is no extra noise but it is deeper and hopefully will develop with constant thrashings. I have a one box in the center and obviously a rear silencer.

Noise evaluation depends on your perception. For instance I am thirty two and like a good sound. I don't want a boomy exhaust as I drive quite quickly (90 or so on motorways normally and just a little slower on quiet A roads). Also, bloody mortgage meant sale of other Alfas, so 155 must do my fiancee as well.

If I wanted to produce noise for attention, I would have used the rear box only, but high speeds would be a little uncomfortable. If I wanted to get pulled all the time, I would fit a group A as they are 'kin loud.

I suggest you try Alwyn Kershaw for a Supersprint system or Alfaowner or Elite for a Remus (backbox only). Both Remus and Supersprint are excellent quality and the top end of the market. They should last a few years due to finish and use of stainless on outer skins. Ansa is also available- try Demon Tweeks.

Sports backboxes are well worth it as they have proper absorption silencers (perforated pipe or straight through). The original on the 155 is a resonnator (silly arrangement of pipes and flutes with no obvious route for gas to take). A sports system will yield a little more power which should be barely noticed. :) :cool:

My Supersprint centre cost approx.£160 and the Remus back box would be more like £200- I got mine for a little less as I'm trade. The Remus tailpipe is a 135mm*75mm letterbox which is in keeping with the original. Supersprint tails are DTM (only if you have no taste) or Viper or twin round 70mm.

No bumper mods should be needed for a good system.

Ally- 1.8 16v :D

B

·
0 Posts
jsc5:
Does the oval tailpipe fit the cutout in the bumper well?
:) Yep,fits perfectly,the oval is only slightly fatter than O:E and fills the cut-out nicely without rubbing or wobbling about. wink Looks fine,those DTM's look old and dont suit 155's angles.The real DTM cars had square section upswept pipes,not round. eek!

S

·
0 Posts
hi there, have just had to replace mine from the cat back, raggazzon ended up being the only option i could find. was £360 with one box(the centre section with box and pipe between cat and centre section) plus the dtm back box.
kinda wish i'd lost the centre box too, as its not noisy at all, but does sound nice!
dtms look blummin ace, and it fits really well, apart from banging on the back bumper, which we hope to fix by replacing the rubbers, as they've probably done 118k miles.they actually only let it move enough to bang when they're hot!
the paint hasn't burnt off it at all yet, even though its had quite alot of driving since, i get no boom and i've done alot of fast motorway, the ppl who fitted it were really quite impressed(and would've taken the **** properly if it was no good!)
thought about getting a dtm rear box and a standard system, but theres little point as you can't gaurantee that they'll fit together, and unless you get an alfa middle section(dread to consider the£££) it'd probably rot in minutes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was thinking of getting the straight through centre section plus the Gp.N rear box and getting a Scorpion tailpipe welded on. Hopefully a bit louder than standard.

A

·
0 Posts
before I crashed my 2.0 twinny I had a Raggazoon back box on my car (£250 from the AO shop). I had a piece custom made from the centre connecting to the back box (£80) so effectivly only had two silencers including the back box. The sound was superb although it all depends on your noise tollerence. If you want loud "Max Power" type sound have a striaght through system. If its a quality sound which is deep and sweet then my option i feel is the best.

Hope this helps

Marcus

1 - 8 of 8 Posts