Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey.
My first post here. Whee! :thumbs:

I was thinking about buying a new rear silencer with dual pipes (I own a Giuliette 1,4 TB with only a single tailpipe). And after some googeling I found this "beauty": Ragazzon Stainless Steel Rear Silencer 2x102 Concentric, and together with the matching Cadamuro Rear Bumper Spoiler it would look (and sound!?) a lot better than the original rear.

But my question is, have anyone here on this forum fitted this silencer on your Giulietta? Do you have any pictures of it fitted or movie clips of it in use?

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
There are a few threads about it in the forum. Do a search and you'll quickly find it.

You also have Supersprint and Remus as an option. You'll find both sound samples on their websites, there are a few on YT as well.

Personally, FOR ME, Ragazzon is too much "fart sound", Remus looks like German tuning (although the sound seems to be nice), so I went for Supersprint. Which is also the most expensive of them, but quality wise it doesn't get much better than that.

I shall have it fitted (with the ordinary QV bumper, suits my liking) within 2 weeks and I'll try to record something and post here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok. I tried to search, but found nothing relevant. If you have any luck please post the link to the other forum links.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. The links give me some clue. But I think I'll try the "farting" twin mid exhausts. I'll post some pics and maybe a vid too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Think I'll have it ready and mounted within a coupe of weeks. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes! Finally got the exhaust kit and have mounted it and the new rear spoiler on the car.
The sound is now also something completely different, especially when driving in tunnels or at revs above 5000! :thumbs:

See attached files (I've been a bit lazy with the car washing lately).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Not my style, but could you put some sound sample here?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks very nice. Suits the car perfectly :)
Thanks, I think so too. At least it doesen't look like some diesel or fake QV :lol:

I'll post some sound samples soon. I just need to find some good helper.

·
Registered
259 Posts
looks nice really, is it the rear silencer only or full kit up to the end?

PS: I ordered mid pipe and single out rear silencer from ragazzon recently, hoping to receive it within a couple of weeks. will keep you posted guys here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Only the rear kit. But I think that's more than enouigh fun soundwise. But I might want to add a sport air intake filter. Any tip of where you can get sport replacement filters for the Giulietta?

·
Registered
259 Posts
not sure if they announced any full kits though, there is an open (filter only without bearings) one of GMC. if not available in your country try to get it from nearby countries as I guess that you will only pay the courier as extra but not customs fees.

bregards

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
not sure if they announced any full kits though, there is an open (filter only without bearings) one of GMC. if not available in your country try to get it from nearby countries as I guess that you will only pay the courier as extra but not customs fees.

bregards
Hey. Could you please provide a link?

Heard you could get more air (and sound) if you remove the "baffle cloth" from the original air filter. But is that recommended regarding the fact that dust and dirt might more easily get into the engine? But anyway, they say the same about open air filters so...

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thanks, I think so too. At least it doesen't look like some diesel or fake QV :lol:.
agreed, that's why im not getting the twin exhausts, however i do like the style of yours, if you dont mind me asking, how much did it set you back?? :D

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hey. Could you please provide a link?

Heard you could get more air (and sound) if you remove the "baffle cloth" from the original air filter. But is that recommended regarding the fact that dust and dirt might more easily get into the engine? But anyway, they say the same about open air filters so...
Hi,

Alfa Tuning Fiat Tuning Lancia Tuning Italiatec Tuning, Zubehör und Ersatzteile. I would not remove that staff you mention above without knowing what you mean exactly. For the open ones, you need to fix it far from heat sucking and high enough to avoid water sucking. It would be better to have a full induction however doubt that they will design something good for G as the stock design is already sucking air from under bonnet.
Br

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
agreed, that's why im not getting the twin exhausts, however i do like the style of yours, if you dont mind me asking, how much did it set you back?? :D
750€ + 25% VAT (guess you have to pay German VAT if you live in EU). And about €320 to get the spoiler painted and everything mounted on the car.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts