Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

This is my first post and first time Alfa owner, I recently bought a 2012 Giulietta Veloce and the pop up radio/satnav unit has a mind of its own, after turning the key sometimes it pops up and works straight away, sometimes it pops up with a blank screen then the Alfa logo appears then the radio starts working, sometimes it doesn’t pop up for a few seconds, sometimes it pops up and stays blank and doesn’t work at all, then after some hours or days it starts working again...it’s bizarre

Also when it’s not working the lights on the head unit display flash of every 30 seconds of so, as if it’s trying to reset itself.

Any ideas...it driving me nuts, how do you fix something like this it makes no sense at all.

R

·
0 Posts
Try removing the SDCard with the maps and see if it behaves. I had similar issue were sometimes it would not pop up until I changed the card to a different make and it's been fine ever since

·
Premium Member
4,567 Posts
pop up radio/satnav unit has a mind of its own, after turning the key sometimes it pops up and works straight away, sometimes it pops up with a blank screen then the Alfa logo appears then the radio starts working, sometimes it doesn’t pop up for a few seconds.
That's all "normal" behaviour. Never figured out what makes it decide which option to take.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try removing the SDCard with the maps and see if it behaves. I had similar issue were sometimes it would not pop up until I changed the card to a different make and it's been fine ever since
Hi,

Will try that and let you know

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does it start working if you change the viewing angle (left hand controls) ?
No, when its not working there's nothing regardless of the postion, and then all of a sudden it works.... think it does it just to wind me up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts