Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys is it just my radio or is this commin in GTA's ? It rearly get signal but in my other cars the signal is fine. I also have the built in sat nav too so not sure if that effects it. If any one has had this problem and can solve it for me i would be very greatfull :)

·
Registered
30,081 Posts
Radio antenna is part of the heater rear window element and yes it is a bit crap...!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahhhh well least it isnt just mine, When driving i dont have a signal for longer than a min normally , Guess its cd's all the way lol

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
i have upgraded the radio and it is still naff, radio 2 is strong enough and im lucky as i never listen to anything else if i can help it. radio 1 is a load of crap

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
I gave up on the radio ages ago :lol: Ipod or nothing now :)
Same here, but I tend to just have the windows down so I can hear her more ;)

·
Registered
30,081 Posts
If its built into the demister then what does the antenna do on the top?
The short roof antenna until October 2004 is pre-fit for phone & satnav only.
The longer roof antenna after October 2004 is also for the radio though.

Edit: the above is for a 156.

S

·
0 Posts
Mines fine. I get solid reception on local and national stations, no interference when rear screen heaters on. I have a Blaupunkt Los Angeles head unit which is pretty good though

·
Registered
623 Posts
My radio signal is pretty good, but i get interferance that I have been told is either from the alternator because the whine increases with revs or just a dodgy connection...but i found out if I turn the volume right up then at a certain (deafening) volume the passenger side speaker kicks into life and it all sounds amazing again.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Every time I switch in rear window heater the radio goes static, you can hear something but its not that good :p
Ahh... the italians, you gotta love them! :D

It's weird because with my TS when I switched on the rear window heaters the radio reception actually improved :lol:

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Glad I'm not alone with pathetic radio reception. The same unit in the 20v is excellent compared with the GTA, both have the longer "aerial", I wonder why there is so much difference?

·
Premium Member
7,298 Posts
Radio antenna is part of the heater rear window element and yes it is a bit crap...!
Not on the 147. Antenna is roof mounted, for radio, and if nav included as factory option GSM and GPS (in base).
It also includes an antenna amplifier, which is not always powered when people change out the standard radio (powered via the accessory output of the radio)
Re reception, it sometimes helps if you make sure the thread of the screw-on antenna is clean, and makes good contact.

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
I have the answer!

I removed the radio and checked all the connections - they were OK. I then installed the GTA radio in the facelift 156 and it worked great!

I then replaced the facelift aerial with the one from the GTA and reception was terrible - same as in the GTA, replacing the facelift aerial restored reception. So it is the aerial that is causing bad reception. Both cars are Sportwagons and have the roof mounted long aerial which I now know IS AN AERIAL.

I'm on the lookout for a replacement!

Got one on Amazon for £4.99!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts