Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i need to change my radio cassette this winter the one i have is the standard phillips unit. will i require the removal tongs as i do not have any, or has any one used a different method of removing it without damaging anything.
thanks in advance. Phil
;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi phil

I don't know what sort of tool is required for removal, but in the past I've found that using a "ladies" nail file is just about thin enough to get in the slots, just make sure the file is not the cardboard variety!!

Hope this helps

LesPix

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Phil,

I haven't seen the aperature of the standard Philips stereo release locks, but, in the past I've used junior hacksaw blades with the notched end
snapped off for the slot variety (beware of getting scratches on the old stereo facia - file or flatten the cutting edge if you prefer) and cut
and bent metal wire coat hangers for the round holed U shape variety.

Good luck,

Mark.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've hooked up a Philips DAP 650 4channel to my Philips head unit, it's powering 2x12 Eminence Bass Pumps in a custom built ported box. The other speakers are standard. My message is 'Don't underrate that head unit', the combination above has seriously impaired my hearing.....pardon....... :confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi thanks all, i will probably call at halfords when i get some time, the current phillips unit has started to become troublesome & keeps turning it's self on & off & also the preset memory has gone ,not only the pre tuned radio statoins need re setting also the balance & fade & bass/treble needs setting, so i think time for a change is due.

cheers PHIL

·
Registered
447 Posts
Simple Suggestion, put in a Kenwood from a high series and you'll be blessed, more info somewhere in the forum ;) ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Phil,

I have a set of the round pin tools, and they do make life simple, but you can use 4 pop rivets as the shafts are about the right diameter(that's if you've got any) :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts