Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres the problem.

When i connect a cd/radio unit using the ISO connectors within the standard wiring loom I loose the memory settings when the car is switched off.

This happened to a Kenwood unit ( i sold it because i thought it was faulty) and now a Sony unit.

I have checked the permanent live and this is showing 12 volts even when the ignition is switched off.

Any ideas?

There is also a Laserline alarm/immobiliser fitted. Would this cut all of the power supplies when in use?

Thanks

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi there.
I guess all you can do is try the wire for +12v when the alarm is armed. If it has been installed like that I would have it UNINSTALLED as it must kill the power to the car clock as well. I haven't had any probs.

Oliver :cool:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
curvature:
Heres the problem.

When i connect a cd/radio unit using the ISO connectors within the standard wiring loom I loose the memory settings when the car is switched off.

This happened to a Kenwood unit ( i sold it because i thought it was faulty) and now a Sony unit.

I have checked the permanent live and this is showing 12 volts even when the ignition is switched off.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Some makers use different pinouts for their "standard" ISO connectors. You should try switching the permanent 12V and accessory 12V other way, and try if it solves the problem. I have had this problem twice, and the symptoms seem very much alike.

Sami Halme
Q4

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone have a diagram of an ISO connector in wire colours etc. Some hack & slash merchant has been at my Q4 with the sticky tape & twisted wires! :eek:

Cheers,
A

1 - 5 of 5 Posts