Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a bit of inspiration.....

I have had my 99 66 off the road for the summer while I enjoyed many hours of topless driving in my spider (Spider topless not me :cheese: ) and although I started it every now again over the months, for the final few weeks the battery went dead. After jumping the car, the radio has decided to stop working. Also no sound from phone or sat nav. Checked the fuse for the radio and it's fine, can't find any other obvious fuses / relays which would effect the radio / speakers. The ICS display is working fine and when you choose audio it displays auto tuning, frequency etc but won't select anything.

Any thoughts.......Probably missing something really obvious :confused:

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
:cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

You'dve got a better reponse had it not been the car which was topless.
That is a weird one..Is evertyhing else working ok.

But dont worry help will be along shortly ,in the shape of Bigfoot ,and youll get shunted to the ICE room..In Car Entertainment or something...Have you had a wee look in there.

Ive jumped mines many times and a lot worse and it has always worked ok.
Can you sadjust the sat nav or trip settings?

Finally,I hope its not your top which you not obviously missing.
:D

A late tip is keep the battery charged up at all times ..I don't know about the TS but the V6's drain even a new fully charged battery quite quickly if not kept topped up.

Pomeo

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
The ICS display is working fine and when you choose audio it displays auto tuning, frequency etc but won't select anything.

:thumbs:

Sharon can yoiu change the settings on the time and trip settings?

Pomeo

·
Registered
303 Posts
Just as a thought have you tried disconecting the battery again for at least 10mins to allow system to discharge and reconnect the battery again. Ensure the ics is off when doing, its worth a try.

·
Registered
222 Posts
On the audio screen, is mute checked? And after recharging the battery weren't you asked to provide the ICS and/or sat nav codes?

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Could be one of the ribbon cables connecting the display to the main unit. If it's sat around then damp can get to these !

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On the audio screen, is mute checked? And after recharging the battery weren't you asked to provide the ICS and/or sat nav codes?
Yeah, inputted the ICS code and everything else back up and working except for radio. On the audio screen, checked mute but not engaged

Just as a thought have you tried disconecting the battery again for at least 10mins to allow system to discharge and reconnect the battery again. Ensure the ics is off when doing, its worth a try.
Battery was disconnected last weekend for over 10 mins and when reconnected still no joy

Sharon can yoiu change the settings on the time and trip settings?

Can change the time / date and trip settings, no problem

Pomeo
Could be one of the ribbon cables connecting the display to the main unit. If it's sat around then damp can get to these !
Better half going to take a look at the wiring /cabling at back of unit this weekend, so hopefully we may find the problem there

Many thanks for all your help !! :thumbs:

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Yeah, inputted the ICS code and everything else back up and working except for radio. On the audio screen, checked mute but not engaged

Battery was disconnected last weekend for over 10 mins and when reconnected still no joy

Better half going to take a look at the wiring /cabling at back of unit this weekend, so hopefully we may find the problem there

Many thanks for all your help !! :thumbs:
I like eddiealfanut, take exception also...no one better but a helluva lot of equals.:D :cheese: :cheese:

Pomeo

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, radio is working again YAHOO !!!! :) Thanks to eddiealfanut aka better three quarters :lol: who discovered on removing the ICS unit that the cause of all the grief was a blown 10amp fuse which slots into the back of the ICS !!!!

So now I've only gone a bought myself a loudlink to celebrate !!

So thanks for all your help / suggestions / etc.....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi there.

I have a similar problem.

ICS display generally working ie sat nav and climate.

Radio not working: does not detect any frequencies.

Multi CD not recognised ( Plus it will not eject).

No sound from sat nav.

Have no casette yet to try the casette player.

I just bought the car yesterday. The dealer changed the battery. Before the battery change, two days ago, the multi cd ejected and (I think) the sat nav spoke.

If I have the same solution of changing the fuse behind the ICS, it seems a fairlybig strip down job for a beginner.

Are there any other options to try first? I've try disconnecting and reconnecting the car battery for a few minutes, reentered the ICS code, but no success yet.

Thanks,

Nick.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts