Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, This has been a issues for a while which i havnt really bothered with but now its starting to grate.

Baiscly Radio 1 works fine, but radio 2 and others will be clear while driving but as soon as i braking or select reverse its goes mental and white noise comes through. then back to normal while not in reverse or on the brakes.

I believe it could be a bad earth somewhere in the back lights? although radio signal stays fine with general lights on and with de-mister etc ...

Any ideas how to fix would be great or even how to have a look at where the arial wiring is 'fiddle'....

G

·
0 Posts
What year is your car mate? interior face lift models and exterior face lift models had a stubby ariel fitted to the rear roof... Pre-face lift have the ariel in the rear screen.

The pre face lift model, check and remove the rubber boots that have the wires going to the boot lid lights you may have a bad earth via chaffed insulation on one of the wires in there, bear in mind that the same bunch of wires go past the rear screen demister circuit and central rear screen brake light.
Also remove the upper carpet in the boot below the brake light. That's where I would start looking;)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Grahameo.

It is pre face lift. (Face lift inside). Well there is no out side ariel. I will start looking in the boot... although what i am looking for ?

the rubber boot is that the rubber hose that is visable when the boot is open (on the left side)..

thanks again

G

·
0 Posts
Yes thats the one mate... its the most obvious area for wire chaffing in the rear of the car. just follow the looms from the centre brake light and while you are on, check any earthing points around the area, leaky boot seals can cause the nuts to rust :thumbs:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts