Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I have put a new radio in my 03 plate V6 Spider, however my powered aerial is not working.

I have a trailing lead from my stereo named 'antenna power' however I cannot find the lead my previous radio was connected to.

Can someone tell me the colour and possible exit area of the lead please?

I have connected the power and speakers via the 2 standard connector blocks. I have a trailing pink lead from the stereo named Antenna power.

I also have an illumination lead on my new stereo, can someone recommend the best location to 'tap' into the lighting circuit please?

Cheers

Paul

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
Can you post a good photo of the Alfa plugs in your car? Are they ISO plugs?

If so, the Alfa's antenna wire is terminal A5.

If there's no illumination wire in the Alfa plug (which would be terminal A6; confirm with a multimeter), then is there illumination for the cigarette lighter? You could tap into that wire.

:)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes they are ISO plugs.

So you suggest connecting the seperate antenna power lead (pink) from the stereo to terminal A5 on the terminal block.

are the terminals numbered upon the block? I plan on doing this job tomorrow afternoon.
I will check plug A6 too, I also do have illumination to my cigarette lighter :)

Appreciate the help guys.
I installed a new DVD player in the motor and planning on fitting a reversing camera to help me into a tight space when the roof is up, and raining on rear window. (visibility is not great and nice fun project to play with)

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
Have a look here:

.:12vhifi.nl:. alles over Car Audio & Techniek

A5 is in that schematic. Note the shape of the plug, and ensure you orientate yourself correctly, and you will find A5 and A6. Not all Alfa's have an illumination wire in the ISO plug.

What brand is your headunit? Most antenna output wires are blue, and most illumination wires are orange (on the headunit harness; NOT referring to the Alfa wires).

:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts