Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I've searched for this problem and I'm still a bit stuck about what to do.

The electrics went funny a while ago and one of the things we did was disconnect the battery.

It said code but I didn't get round to putting it in and now it just has the 4 dashes. I never pressed a button on it so I can't understand why it thinks I've put it in wrong...

At the moment I've switched it on and locked the car and come inside to leave it for an hour.

Is this the right thing to do? I've probably got the wrong end of the stick.......

Cheers!

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
It needs the ignition on for the whole hour otherwise it will turn off after 20-minutes.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is annoying!

Not that I don't enjoy driving about but wasting petrol like that is something I could do without.

I'll just buy a better one and get my mate to fit it unless there's nothing else I can do?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
... I'll just buy a better one and get my mate to fit it unless there's nothing else I can do?
:confused:

Turn ignition on
Turn radio on
Wait one hour (does not need the engine running)
When it says "Code" enter code.

Simple.

·
Registered
970 Posts
did you try putting the code when it displayed the 4 dashes...that's what they're there for..the 4 digits of the code...

By the way running the car for an hour idle will burn less than 1L of petrol...is that so much money to spend?

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
did you try putting the code when it displayed the 4 dashes...that's what they're there for..the 4 digits of the code...
I'd assumed he had already tried inputting the code.
If he hasn't then :rolleyes:

:lol:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There's just 4 dashes - none of the buttons do anything.

I never tried putting the code in though so I don't know why it thinks I've inputted it wrongly.

Doesn't matter I'll try your fix later today- thanks for the help guys!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts