Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm picking up a 156 tomorrow that I intend to really look after and love, in my current car I have a stereo that connects via bluetooth to my iphone to play my music. Is there a reasonably priced stereo system about that will do this on a 156 and allow me to keep my steering wheel controls?

Cheers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blaupunkt Barcelona/Brisbane 230 (Brisbane is Barcelona minus CD) both have bluetooth streaming and adaptive SWC support. They also work with the ignition switched off for 30 mins just like the OE headunit.
Looks brilliant mate, sorry I'm new to the jargon. What does SWC support mean? Is it an easy enough job? The utube videos look reasonably straight forward.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello all. I bought a Blaupunkt Brisbane. Fitted as per instructions but there was no sound? Picked up radio stations but total silence. Also it wouldn't pick up mine or my girlfriends Bluetooth on our phones.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
7,698 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll be honest I have no earthly idea what +12v supplies are. Or an ISO plug. I just unplugged the bit off my old stereo and plugged it into the new one.

And yes, it's a Bose, I did read something about this happening with Bose systems. Something to do with a built in amp?

Also there was a bit that unplugged from old stereo that had nowhere to go on the new one, but I assumed this was to do with steering controls?

·
Registered
118 Posts
If you mean the green plug had nowhere to go, that's for the steering wheel controls. The Brisbane has 3 wires for this, which you simply connect to the Alfa plug.
Brisbane left, old headunit right:

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Also you should use the Preamp Outputs for the speakers instead of the ISO plug because you're sending signal to the amplifier, not the speakers (this is also detailed in the very useful ICE thread linked above).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Right, that's really helpful and on my level!

Also, is there a reason our iphones won't pick up the Bluetooth connection on the radio?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts