Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I like to listen to Radio 4 sometimes when I've had enough of Radio 1 or Kerrang! Today for example, I have to finish off an essay for another qualification I am doing, so the radio is on for a bit of background and I couldn't be bothered to change channel. That is until, yet again, in my opinion the dreadful Radio 4 afternoon drama. The drama can be about anything but always seems to degenerate into some sort of emotional meltdown, involving lots of shouting, raised voices and general hysteria and I can't stand it, it just stresses me out! Short of me throwing a brick at the radio or having a meltdown myself the afternoon drama just has to go in to Room 101.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
On the very very odd occasion I tune into Radio 4 I find myself cringing at some of the interviews, in particular the questioning, they're like a monologue.

As for the comedy, if I could I would rewind, I always think I've missed a crucial bit.

I do skip between several stations, I soon exercise my right to veto when something or someone starts to annoy.

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
On the very very odd occasion I tune into Radio 4 I find myself cringing at some of the interviews, in particular the questioning, they're like a monologue.

As for the comedy, if I could I would rewind, I always think I've missed a crucial bit.

I do skip between several stations, I soon exercise my right to veto when something or someone starts to annoy.
If you listen online you will shortly be able to rewind live Beeb radio. They are introducing yet another delivery mechanism - DASH. When fully implemented you will be able to rewind to the start of a programme.

It is already available on the streaming server software I use as some bright person has already developed the necessary software (beta) on the server end. DASH is going to be used for both live and listen again. It has the added advantage of being 320kbps to UK listeners. Beeb are streaming in test mode at present.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
:thumbup:

BGZ, I don't rate the comedy that highly that I would want to listen to it on catchup:lol:

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Think I was listening to the same piece while driving dogs out to the common, it did get a bit shouty and I think there was even use of an F word, mid afternoon. Didn't listen to more than 15 minutes. And I may have been wrong but one of the actors sounded very much like Lenny Henry. I am told there are some very good afternoon drama's but I'm not prepared to go through the 9 duffers to find the one good one.

But there is plenty of good stuff, the 6.30 Comedy slot continues to provide a good hitrate of winners. Try Museum of Curiosity or John Finnemore at the moment.

·
Premium Member
5,006 Posts
I was driving back from work the other day and the R4 drama that was on, had me in tears.

I'd love to blame it on the time of month, but i'm male and it was probably down to good scripting and acting ;)

·
Registered
316 Posts
I was driving back from work the other day and the R4 drama that was on, had me in tears.

I'd love to blame it on the time of month, but i'm male and it was probably down to good scripting and acting ;)
Her time of the month can have me in tears quite easily.

She suffers from PMT3
Pre-menstrual tantrums
Peri-menstrual tantrums
Post-menstrual tantrums

1 - 14 of 14 Posts