Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, wondering if anyone could recommend a radiator sealant for a 147 JTD Ducati. Going to give that a go while looking for a good deal for a replacement radiator. Also if anyone has a recommendation for radiator brand please LMK

Thanks guys :)

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Unless you're running your car to the scrappy I'd avoid any radweld type product. By their very nature they are not going to improve the efficiency of the system.
If you have a tiny leak that a sealant could cope with it would be better to drive with the radiator cap off and keep topping up if you can't get the radiator replaced just yet. THat said; fitting the new radiator is actually fairly easy (in Alfa terms). Europarts have a replacement for £73 and quite often you can get a 20 to 33% discount on this with a WEEKEND20 code. Get it fixed.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup, you've convinced me folks, just bought a Nissens for £73. Will just top up until it turns up.

Thanks for keeping me honest guys ;-)

Out of interest is there a specific brand of coolant Alfa recommend? Its not something I've thought of tbh

·
Premium Member
7,198 Posts
just don't mix coolants, they can react with each other.
If you don't know what's in there, give it a thorough flush with clean water first.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts