Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
i require a radiator for my 156 gta, anyone recommend a good supplier and a price for the radiator at a reasonable price
please help
thanks

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Speak to Philip or Carl at AlfaShop in Norwich 01603 426277. Very friendly service and good prices/carriage quoted on OE rads:) . Sorted the rad on my 916 Spider (best quote I could find at £120).

·
Registered
30,162 Posts
The last rad I got from Alfashop (a Valeo) only lasted 3-years.
I've just fitted an aluminium radiator made by Nissens, a Danish company.

I've nothing against Alfashop, just saying that Valeo (which were the OEM make) don't last that long.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
I'm afraid I've got to agree with this. My 156 Sport is not yet three years old but the radiator is totally rotten (actually last week it failed completely) and is currently being replaced under third year dealer warranty. Why don't they last very long any more?

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I've got one for sale if you want £70 delivered to your door. Brand new, bought for my GTA but just sold the car today so I don't require it anymore.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
I've got one for sale if you want £70 delivered to your door. Brand new, bought for my GTA but just sold the car today so I don't require it anymore.
Thats a dam good bargain:D

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Yes it is! Unfortunately I've parted company with my GTA rather abruptly today. Only bought the rad about 2 weeks ago!
Thats a shame mate, I would be crying myself to sleep tonight if I was you :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:D

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Any thoughts on what to replace the GTA with? It's a tough call! :confused:
Well I've put down a deposit on an 08 plate Fiat Bravo Sport. Quite a difference in capacity, it has a 1.4 turbo engine which is reputed to kick out more than 150bhp from the factory and have been remapped to 188bhp. Seems to drive ok but no GTA, the GTA felt really meaty with very solid steering and suspension. This has ultra light electric steering and felt very light in comparison, going round a roundabout on the test drive I'm sure I could have got it to steer round by blowing on the wheel. It has the benefit of being a virtually brand new car with a 3 year warranty, low insurance and the wife likes it which is the main thing. She's already said she'll have the car when I get bored which is generally pretty quick!

As for the rad, I've had a few messages and uploaded a couple of pictures for people as requested. See here

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Good choice Mr Caine, the GF has a 150MJ Sport and has had it for a year now, and 30k miles with hardly any hassle. You are right about the steering though, its very light.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Well I've put down a deposit on an 08 plate Fiat Bravo Sport. Quite a difference in capacity, it has a 1.4 turbo engine which is reputed to kick out more than 150bhp from the factory and have been remapped to 188bhp. Seems to drive ok but no GTA, the GTA felt really meaty with very solid steering and suspension. This has ultra light electric steering and felt very light in comparison, going round a roundabout on the test drive I'm sure I could have got it to steer round by blowing on the wheel. It has the benefit of being a virtually brand new car with a 3 year warranty, low insurance and the wife likes it which is the main thing. She's already said she'll have the car when I get bored which is generally pretty quick!

As for the rad, I've had a few messages and uploaded a couple of pictures for people as requested. See here

Yes, the wife has a 150 TJet Sport and it is a good solid motor. Decent pep from the blown 1.4 but as you say it's no GTA. I don't like the over light steering either but it is slightly better when the Sport button is pressed. The only thing is it sharpens up the throttle response (as well as giving a bit extra torque) which makes it a bit trickier to drive smoothly in stop/start traffic.

O

·
0 Posts
Well I've put down a deposit on an 08 plate Fiat Bravo Sport. Quite a difference in capacity, it has a 1.4 turbo engine which is reputed to kick out more than 150bhp from the factory and have been remapped to 188bhp.
I guess that's the same engine going into the MiTo?

I must admit, part of me is looking to downsize and this looks a good option.

M

·
0 Posts
I'll have it if you don't get another taker MrC. Provided it's 60673224 (for both the 147 and 156 GTA).

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Good choice Mr Caine, the GF has a 150MJ Sport and has had it for a year now, and 30k miles with hardly any hassle. You are right about the steering though, its very light.
Good to hear. I owned a Stilo Abarth for a few years prior to my Alfa return and had no issues what so ever. It seems like a well made car.

Yes, the wife has a 150 TJet Sport and it is a good solid motor. Decent pep from the blown 1.4 but as you say it's no GTA. I don't like the over light steering either but it is slightly better when the Sport button is pressed. The only thing is it sharpens up the throttle response (as well as giving a bit extra torque) which makes it a bit trickier to drive smoothly in stop/start traffic.
My wife was very impressed, thought it's great value and wants it after I get bored, getting it for a fraction over £10k, it only have 3000 miles on the clock and looks like a brand new car. I must say I didn't really drive it particularly hard, try out the performance or sports button! Given the choice of brand new Alfa GTA or the Bravo it would stand no contest and will do as a stop gap for a couple of years.

I guess that's the same engine going into the MiTo?

I must admit, part of me is looking to downsize and this looks a good option.
I believe it's the same engine :) Size wise it's no smaller than the 156 on the inside. I suppose if I could make a comparison the GTA feels like you're in a tornado a proper old school solid motor while this more executive jet, a bit more swish but the tornado would do it big time.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
My wife was very impressed, thought it's great value and wants it after I get bored, getting it for a fraction over £10k, it only have 3000 miles on the clock and looks like a brand new car. I must say I didn't really drive it particularly hard, try out the performance or sports button! Given the choice of brand new Alfa GTA or the Bravo it would stand no contest and will do as a stop gap for a couple of years.
The wife's car was an ex Fiat fleet car at a year old and with 5,000 miles on the clock. Much like yours, the car was like new. A couple of scuffed alloys but the dealer put new ones on as part of the deal.

Photos of the wifes car here:http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/just-images-registered-only/126016-wifes-new-motor.html

Sorry to hijack the thread. Don't know how we got from GTA radiators to new Bravos :eek: :lol:

In relation to the OP (in an effort to drag this back to topic) some guys mentioned before about the radiator from the 2.5 V6 156 being the same as the GTAs but at a fraction of the cost. Anyone used this rad in the GTA? Any problems?

·
Vendor
46,115 Posts
In relation to the OP (in an effort to drag this back to topic) some guys mentioned before about the radiator from the 2.5 V6 156 being the same as the GTAs but at a fraction of the cost. Anyone used this rad in the GTA? Any problems?
I'm not sure that it is, the 2.5 V6 shares its radiator with the 2.0. Maybe the added oil cooler makes up for it on the GTA but somehow I think not, I reckon the GTA radiator is bigger.. The GT 3.2 definitely has a bigger radiator.

·
Registered
30,162 Posts
I'm not sure that it is, the 2.5 V6 shares its radiator with the 2.0. Maybe the added oil cooler makes up for it on the GTA but somehow I think not, I reckon the GTA radiator is bigger.. The GT 3.2 definitely has a bigger radiator.
The GTA rad is exactly the same size & fitting as the 2.5V6/2.0TS 156 rad.
Many GTA owners have used the 2.5V6 rad because it is available from non-OEM suppliers.

The 3.2GT uses exactly the same rad as the GTA (both 156 & 147)

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Congratulations on the new car Mr Caine:)

If you still have the rad I would like to buy it, I've pm'd you but your inbox is full.

Cheers,
Chris.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts