Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at work earlier this morning as I discovered that I had a small puddle of grayish water under the front end of the car.

I'm now at the mechanic, turns out the radiator's leaking. Waiting for her to cool down to pressurize and see where the leak is exactly.

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Are the fins rotting?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't resize the photos on my blackberry, will do so when I get back to the office. The fins are in a pretty bad shape.

·
Registered
30,070 Posts
You clearly need a new rad (in fact, you probably needed a new rad some time ago...!!).

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
and more than likely a Stat too, they tend to go in pairs!

·
Registered
30,070 Posts
and more than likely a Stat too, they tend to go in pairs!
Yep.
You won't have noticed the stat yet, but you will do as soon as a new rad goes on... so it usually makes sense to replace both together and save yourself some hassle (less £££ when done together too).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you'll have to excuse the image quality as the camera on the phone sucks. Anyway, I fitted in a new one. Unfortunately, it's not an Alfa Romeo genuine part; the main dealer only offers those for $400 USD.

my choices were either a used genuine radiator or a brand new Chinese manufactured version. It set me back $125 USD, plus $35 USD for labor.

Attachments

L

·
0 Posts
Is your car a Selespeed? I see the edge of a Sele rim in one picture

1 - 11 of 11 Posts