Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I really hope someone can help me! Basically I needed a new radiator for my Alfa 147 so I went to a scrap yard and bought a used one. I got it home and went to fit it with my friend who is good with cars and we realised that part of the radiator was missing. The radiator in the 147 is in two parts. There is a front part and back part. The scrap yard only sold me the back part so I went back to them but they said that is all they have. I then found a supplier of new radiators online and spoke to them but again they only sold the back part and not the front part! My friend thought it was the cooler for a turbo but I told him I didn't have a turbo so he was stumped! Literally I am unable to find the front half of the radiator anywhere online, it's as if it doesn't exist! Please can somebody let me know if they know what I am talking about and please advise what the front radiator is for and where I might get one?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
So which radiator is leaking?

The engine coolant radiator or the Aircon Radiator?

If it is only the aircon radiator you might find that recharge and new rad won't get your aircon working again. These cars are old enough for seals and hoses on aircon to be leaking and VERY expensive to repair. If it was my aircon radiator that sprung a leak I would think twice about bothering to replace it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So which radiator is leaking?

The engine coolant radiator or the Aircon Radiator?

If it is only the aircon radiator you might find that recharge and new rad won't get your aircon working again. These cars are old enough for seals and hoses on aircon to be leaking and VERY expensive to repair. If it was my aircon radiator that sprung a leak I would think twice about bothering to replace it.
Both were leaking after an accident. To be honest I never use the air con anyway. I have already installed the new radiator but my friend, the non-qualified mechanic, said the car probably wouldn't work without both radiators being hooked up... I have ordered a new one anyway as it was only £40.00. If it doesn't work then so be it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts