Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is a 155 1.8 16v (no air condtioning), it is the later type(late 1996) where the fan is contolled by the ecu and not a switch on the radiator. I am trying to find the relay for the fan. According to what I have read and my owners manual the relay is located on an auxillary bracket near the fuse box. It says the relay is black I have found a relay which is black (i have attached a photo of the relay i think it is) but none of the wires seem to correspond to the wiring diagram or the fan. According to the wiring diagram at the relay there should be a light blue and white wire, a light blue and red wire, white and red wire, and a black wire. But at this relay shown in the attachment there is a: red wire, green and black wire, yellow and black wire, a red and black wire, and a black wire. Is this the right relay or is it somewhere else?

Thanks Thomas

W

·
0 Posts
Have you pulled the fusebox down? Sorry but I can't tell from that foto.....if you reach to the back of the fusebox there's a little lever, pull back and down...the whole lot will drop down to get at the auxilliary gubbins.

wrinx

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wrinx said:
Have you pulled the fusebox down? ...if you reach to the back of the fusebox there's a little lever, pull back and down...the whole lot will drop down to get at the auxilliary gubbins.

wrinx
Do you mean there are two levers one for the fuse box and one for the "auxilliary gubbins" or just for the fuse box as I have pulled the fuse box down before not in the photo but a i have taken the drivers side lower dash panel off to show the relay I think it is.

W

·
0 Posts
Sorry, I can now see in the foto that you've removed the panel to gain full access so should have the right relay.

Can't remember the full story of your problem but obviously you've checked the fuses (engine bay and fusebox)?

btw, my handbook doesn't give a colour for the cooling fan relay, only position 6. But, it does say black for the 2.0 16v.

wrinx

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where is position 6 is this on the auxillary bracket if so where or is it on the fusebox.

W

·
0 Posts
On the auxilliary bracket, second one down on the right...according to the handbook, page 181.

wrinx

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stil need help as I don't think I have the right relay can anyone confirm which relay it is and the exact location?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts