Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

the radiator fan is dead...just want to know whether the motor could be rework by changing the internal parts i.e the carbon brush and the amature (is this the right words!).... if it cannot be rework.. the i guess.. i musr get a new motor unit then....

btw, i'm in malaysia... therefore the temp. is vital here...

my car pics

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Hi, nice clean looking car you have, havent seen that interior before though! :cool:

is it a bosch part, if so you may be able to get the motor reconditioned by a bosch agent, but it still might work out to a similar price of getting a second hand one from a scrap yard,

A new fan from alfa over here shows up as £352 :eek: :eek:
It is shared part accross the range,
Good Luck :)

Jack

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thx..

yup the fan motor is not working... i've disassemble the radiator fan unit... separating the housing and the fan motor with the blade attached to it. BTW the motor brand is GATE. When i bought the car, the previous owner already made the mods where the fan is on direct start (overiding the thermo switch... meaning that the fan will work on full blown no matter whether it is in the cold or hot...) this has reduce the lifespan of the motor... ( i dunno how did the wiring goes) afterr i disassemble... i knew where the direct connection is.. so i already mail order the fan .. its just the fan blae n motor only from magnetti marreli.

how i know its not working.... the fan should immedietly blowing once i turn the start key.... but yesterday... it won blow... i have to assist the fan balde to move.... it will blow.. but at a lower speed... n making sound like broken carbon brush.... pity....

N

·
0 Posts
Nice 155 8v widebody we don't see many 8v widebodies over here.
I have a spare one and don't mind sending it to you .
I have sent you a pm.

Ted

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi,

i received the radiator fan through mail order... Magnetti Marelli brand.. easy fitment... the hammer now works fine... :D :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts