Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
How does this plug undo? Righty tighty Lefty looseie ? how much force can be used ? Vertical closed, quarter to horizontal to open?
rad plug.JPG

·
Registered
10,943 Posts
Hi All
How does this plug undo? Righty tighty Lefty looseie ? how much force can be used ? Vertical closed, quarter to horizontal to open?
View attachment 662521
1) Dinnae touch it at awe laddy..If its like TIa's...3.2 facelift.
1a) If ewe doo its brute force and ignorance. On my rad it did nothing at all except when totally out the coolant came out the hole. To get it back in is a nightmare. Don't know if I had a blocked drain but couldn't see one unlike the Vectra rad which 1/4 turn and coolant flows oot. Fortunately I had kept the auld Vectra rad and used that drain plug as the 166 original was completely goosed.
2) Antclockwise IIRC

3)Where did you get that pic?

4) What car is it you have.

Pomeo

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1) Dinnae touch it at awe laddy..If its like TIa's...3.2 facelift.
1a) If ewe doo its brute force and ignorance. On my rad it did nothing at all except when totally out the coolant came out the hole. To get it back in is a nightmare. Don't know if I had a blocked drain but couldn't see one unlike the Vectra rad which 1/4 turn and coolant flows oot. Fortunately I had kept the auld Vectra rad and used that drain plug as the 166 original was completely goosed.
2) Antclockwise IIRC

3)Where did you get that pic?

4) What car is it you have.

Pomeo
Hi pomeo
I gave up trying to undo the plug.The picture is from a workshop disc I bought on Ebay
called Dte. I have a face lift 2006 166, not that many in Australia !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi pomeo
I gave up trying to undo the plug.The picture is from a workshop disc I bought on Ebay
called Dte. I have a face lift 2006 166, not that many in Australia !
Here is the drain plug: see the attach file.

You have to try to turn left first, and pull out. Don't panic, the plug is so tightens because of O ring. Pull out force with a piers!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts