Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 155 2,5 TD, and when weather turned warm and nice the other day I noticed that the radiator cooling fans do not run - overheating in queues.
I have two fans and one thermostat for each of them.
When I take off the cables and connect them nothing happens, but if I connect the live,
blue/white cable to earth, the fans start.
I have the repair manual on CD but the wiring diagram and faultfinding scheme are both unreadable.
I take it the principal layout of the radiator cooling fans is the same on all 155s, although the relays, fuses etc are in different places.
Could someone please help?
Krister

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From your description it sounds like you have a bad earth, clean it up or reconnect somewhere else and it should be fine......if I read this correctly :D

wrinx

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Radiator cooling fans do not run/start. More info!

I have found a third thermostat/sensor in the radiator of more "normal" design, which has a connection with three thinner cables. If I take off this connector, turn on the ignition and connect the contacts/cables two and two the fans start on half and full speed.
The cables to the previously mentioned big thermostats/sensors are quite thick.
Does this give some more clues to the problem?
Krister

krister said:
I have a 155 2,5 TD, and when weather turned warm and nice the other day I noticed that the radiator cooling fans do not run - overheating in queues.
I have two fans and one thermostat for each of them.
When I take off the cables and connect them nothing happens, but if I connect the live,
blue/white cable to earth, the fans start.
I have the repair manual on CD but the wiring diagram and faultfinding scheme are both unreadable.
I take it the principal layout of the radiator cooling fans is the same on all 155s, although the relays, fuses etc are in different places.
Could someone please help?
Krister

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Radiator cooling fans do not run/start. More info!

Aaah, thats sounds like the fan switch, you need a new one....could be wrong tho :D

wrinx

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
By what your saying Krister then Wrinx is right (for once :p ) .............................You need a new radiator fan switch :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts