Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whose idea was the clip on the elbow joint on the bottom of the radiator. Its obviously a one shot deal clip but ive had to re-use it which was a pain. What on earth tool could you use to re apply a new one ?

Ive run it and it appears not to be leaking from there (fingers crossed). Added about an hour to the job and if my old man didnt help id have been stuck..... Rant over

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
them crip on clips are used for speed on assembly...we use em on turbo actuator hoses......one press of trigger on crip gun and they are fastened.....and to a correct tightness

your not supposed to re use them your supposed to put a jubilee clip on

Gary

·
Registered
23 Posts
Are you talking about the clip that holds the elbow to the radiator? If so its a quick release clip, you just squeeze the 2 little tabs in and the elbow pulls off. I made the same mistake yesterday and tottaly messed the clip up getting it off. Managed to rebuild it and it seems ok!

L

·
0 Posts
you can't jubilee clip the plastic 90 deg elbow onto the bottom connection of the radiator, you can jubilee clip the hose to the 90 deg elbow

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it is the plastic 90 DEG elbow hence me not being able to jubilee clip it. I see the quick replease portion of the retainer which i got undone ok. But it is also retained by being crimped all the way around the surround of the connector .... hard to explain but the only way i could get it off and on was to prize it of with a screwdriver and the "crimp" it back on afterwards. Didnt look all that sweet but seems to be holding fine and even more secure than before to be honest.

Survived it but just seems a bit off a ballache ... seems a bit hit and miss! I know people are aware of this and suggest using sealent to ensure no leaks.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Its a pain in the rear that elbow, I stipped out my rad today, as it blew on me yesterday. However I found brite force worked well in removing the elbow.

In fact compared tot he last rad I changed on my old car this was the easiest part, as everything else I touched today just snapped, think I snapped 9-10 bolts today in removing the old rad

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was lucky only snapped one of the air con rad screws.... someone needs to remind alfa that steel screws through aluminium equals lots of corroded bolts and sheared heads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts