Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started a new contract in the "city of london" area recently and on the first day it took me about 27 mins to walk from the train station to work, so I set myself a target of 20mins - with an optimised route and some serious speed I made it ...

... it is however amazing how many people don't like being overtaken even when walking :lol: there was this one guy this week who did make me laugh, he was walking at a good speed, but I caught him up just as we approached waterloo bridge, but every time I drew level he would put in a sprint just to make sure I couldn't pass (challenge accepted :thumbs:)

... at which point we were both pretty much at 110% walking speed, weaving in and out of the "normal people" trying to get the advantage (yes we were the equivilant of chavs in our saxo's), it wasn't until we got about 3/4 across the bridge that he ran out of energy and dropped right back ... therefore I was the WINNER!!!!

competative??? moi??? :lol:

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
i used to do the speed walk to and from my old office, 15 minutes from where i used to park. since i've changed jobs i have no walk to work and i've turned into a proper fat ******* :(

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i used to do the speed walk to and from my old office, 15 minutes from where i used to park. since i've changed jobs i have no walk to work and i've turned into a proper fat ******* :(
eat less ??? :p

Hope you carry deodorant :lol:

That is the skill of commuter speed walking ... you have to balance sweat vs speed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts