Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's one regged here in Ireland over a 150k car and not really impressive some lump of car. Quick but not very nice to look at or strinking like a big powered Merc or Beemer at least they have some kinda cool presence. But the GTR is just meh, I didn't even get excited about it which is weird.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The M5's and AMG merc's aren't what you would call pretty but they have at least a sense of presence and power about them. Compare one of them the GTR and I'd pick either anytime.

I would have a black AMG CLK over any of those cars what a cool machine:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol, I'm not arguin haha Just saying how weird it is that Nissan can't seem to do it for me anyway with the GTR compared to Merc and Beemer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To be fair the GTR was standard and that RX-7 most certainly wasn't I don't think. And the RX-7 is obscenely quick for an old car, and are very light too.

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
To be fair the GTR was standard and that RX-7 most certainly wasn't I don't think. And the RX-7 is obscenely quick for an old car, and are very light too.
Yeah, I know, but it's got twice the engine capacity, 4WD, active absolutely everything........ and it looks less fun to drive, judging by how much harder the RX7 driver was working!

Europe seems to still be producing hardcore, lightweight, agile sports cars; when is Japan going to do the same, like they did in the '90s with the NSX and RX7? :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Europe seems to still be producing hardcore, lightweight, agile sports cars; when is Japan going to do the same, like they did in the '90s with the NSX and RX7? :(
Why would they bother, when they're having success as things stand?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, I know, but it's got twice the engine capacity, 4WD, active absolutely everything........ and it looks less fun to drive, judging by how much harder the RX7 driver was working!

Ohh ya I agree, but maybe it's cos the GTR is more refined than the RX-7 is. I have been in RX7's are cool :D Great little cars and mad things to move.

Very quick, I would imagine the one in the vid is a single turboed one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
To compete with the lightweight 911s and Ferraris, and add a bit of serious brand image? And maybe cater for a wider market?
They're already faster and cheaper than the european exotica, and the brand image is already 'serious' (hence the 7.30 laps of the nurburgring - that's serious alright)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not many in the scheme of things though :(
I wonder how many are in London; there's always loads of Ferraris, Porsches, Astons, never seen any Skylines!
Then you're not looking well enough :p

Skylines were rare as hell 5 years ago, but prices have fallen with age, and now they're so well known about, every boy racer wants one as soon as they can afford the insurance.

Sadly, a once uber cool street sleeper is fast becoming the weapon of choice for the 20 something rude boy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not many in the scheme of things though :(
I wonder how many are in London; there's always loads of Ferraris, Porsches, Astons, never seen any Skylines!
Ahh jayus give it a chance there only out a while haha:D:p:cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

Then you're not looking well enough :p

Skylines were rare as hell 5 years ago, but prices have fallen with age, and now they're so well known about, every boy racer wants one as soon as they can afford the insurance.

Sadly, a once uber cool street sleeper is fast becoming the weapon of choice for the 20 something rude boy
Ahh but how many are GTR's??? Many are either the 2litre non turbo's, 2.5 litre non turbo, 2litre turbo, 2.5 litre turbo all are rear wheel drive compared to the big boy GTR's RB26DETT :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts