Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

A GTV has come up for sale in my local area and I'm going to have a look tomorrow. The chap said he had bought the car for the Registration Plate and its link to a German Sports car.

Anyway, just the off chance if there is a former owner out there who can tell me a bit more about the car as I suspect the current owner is not too much in the know having spoken over the phone albeit a nice chap.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
Is it a red ph 1 V6 on spoked alloys?

It's been advertised before on eBay with that plate as a feature with at least 2 different sellers. I assume it's now being sold on without the plate?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe you are correct yes. Alloys are not to my taste but that can be easily fixed (at a price).

I've seen it for sale a few times but cannot for the life of me remember the price at the time. As far as I am aware, the plate is coming off and it will have the original plate put back on.

The car is advertised on Car and Classic if you wanted to check the info out (no pictures as yet as far as I know). My initial concerns are to do with the cambelt timings doing a bit of Maths with the information (done within the last 12,000 miles but it has averaged just over 2,000 miles every year).

The problem I have is that I am immersed in these cars. I see a new one on eBay and I want to buy it. Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
Wouldn't R10LMP be the original plate? R is the correct year for a Ph.1 and I can't figure out why someone would put an Audi Le Mans related plate on an Alfa. 'R10LMP' could work on a V10 R8 I guess.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you are right. It is a 1998 car so it would make more sense. I suppose in the rush of the phone call with the owner, he has just misquoted the deal with the reg. plate.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Quick google shows there will be an r10 road car out later this year.Either he's got £100k+ to blow on a new car or is speculating on the plate,or runs the Audi press cars :)

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
I think the advert says it's being sold by a trader in Hoddeson, Herts. which tallies with where the last eBay vendor of that car was. Could be a trader speculating on the plate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts