Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem which my dealer has not been able to fix. Its starts with fluctuations of the temperature gauge - 90 down to minimum. The the steering connector warning comes on, then hill holder, then ESC. The engine management light comes on and "check engine" message. If the car is stopped the ESC light goes off but the management light remains on. If the car is re-started a few times eventually the light goes off. Sometimes there is repeated clicking behind the control panel and it seems related to the temp gauge fluctuations. Any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have a problem which my dealer has not been able to fix
No surprise there then! :cheese:

Is your battery OK? Has it been tested? Does the car start easily every time? I only ask because the symptoms bear some resemblance to a problem my car had which was battery related. The coolant temperature thing was one thing I didn't have. Good luck.

R

·
0 Posts
Definitely the battery - it's not holding the correct charge - when it drops to a certain level, it triggers the alarms.

Amazing that these dealers cannot fault-find such a basic issue...

(Was discussed on here quite recently)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks JoeO and Razzo. The car had only done 2500 miles when this started so could it be a poor battery? The dealer had the car 3 weeks and spent a lot of time discussing with Alfa UK. It was then OK for a few days before returning to fault. It is triggered by the fuel gauge fluctuation and dealer said this wasn't a fault with the sensor. So, do you think it might still be the battery?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts