Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after 4k miles and feeling at one with the car (mainly due to the MPS4s) i have been driving more "Spiritedly" of late and using dynamic a lot more.

Today I put the car in Dynamic which I have been doing more of, and pulled out of a side road onto an empty dual carriage way and basically drifted (like a boss) for about 30m up the road in complete control.

I feel that if i had been in normal, the car would have gathered it up a lot quicker and more aggressively.

So i guess my question is, does the QV let you get more sideways in dynamic mode?

Anyone else seen this behaviour or have an asnswer?

Cheers

·
Registered
801 Posts
You want Race mode. Much more fun than dynamic. I find Dynamic allows a bit of slip then cuts the power which can sometimes be a bit unpredictable, where Race mode just seems to grip unless you're really stupid. I only use dynamic in the wet.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Race mode is the way to go in good conditions, but remember it is entirely down to you to modulate the throttle and control any slip.

Having ESC intervene when you least expect it could end up being very expensive and/or bad for your health.

If you are hesitant, I would recommend getting a few lessons at a nearby circuit.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
... remember it is entirely down to you to modulate the throttle and control any slip.
As those of us driving 75 V6s had to be able to.

If you are hesitant, I would recommend getting a few lessons at a nearby circuit.
I really felt I needed a refresher on performance driving when I returned to rear wheel drive after 16 years and took on a car with twice as much power as anything I'd owned before. So I did some time on a track with an expert onboard.

Despite the fact I feel I have the ability to modulate the throttle adequately, I rarely use RACE. However, I do find the computers' intervention in Dynamic when slip occurs rather intrusive and even unnecessary in normal conditions.

Perhaps I should make more use of RACE.

Andy

·
Registered
463 Posts
Race is definitely more predictable than Dynamic. Even on a wet and cold Silverstone in November it was useable with the Michelins.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Excellent, I will investigate RACE mode. I have booked some Advanced Driver training at Milbrook for a couple of months time, so I can really get to practise and explore it fully.

I love my QV though, it never fails to put a smile on my face.

Thanks for the answers!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Had the back end out last night at 60mph in D on a motorway pulling away from slow traffic with mps4s, that was a moment I wasn't expecting! I would expect the mps4s to be warm after my 5 hour drive, but never take anything for granted.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I Have Michelin Alpins on and can nail it it with relative abandon in dynamic as long as it's dry.

A bit of slip is fun when you're trying to get it :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Had the back end out last night at 60mph in D on a motorway pulling away from slow traffic with mps4s, that was a moment I wasn't expecting! I would expect the mps4s to be warm after my 5 hour drive, but never take anything for granted.
Could have been a bit of oil, diesel, ice or just a particularly greasy piece of road. Even a pebble or two is enough to get things moving if large enough.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts