Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, has anyone tried fitting a full set of QV springs to a Diesel G yet?

The Eibach kits for the QV and Diesel have the same part numbers, so I am pretty sure the rates would be close enough to make them work.

I am finding the Eibach springs a bit too low in regard to ground clearance, but as the QV is in between standard and the Eibachs they could be an ideal compromise?

Has anyone got a set they are willing to part with so I can try them. ;)

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I am finding the Eibach springs a bit too low in regard to ground clearance, but as the QV is in between standard and the Eibachs they could be an ideal compromise?
Thanks for the warning Symon, as I came very close to fitting some myself :devious:

After 2 years, I'm really pleased with my B6's and think it might just have been worth the extra investment over the B4's had you fitted some. Amazingly pretty much everyone still comments on the smooth ride.

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They were perfectly fine when fitted, and the car still rides and handles well, but even in the few months since I have fitted them the roads have deteriorated enough for me to regularly bottom the car out. Some new speed humps on one of my regular routes are also a nightmare. So yes they are still great, unfortunately the roads not so... :(

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers for the info.

I will have a look out for a used set, if not I am tempted to put the standard ones back on.

The insurance will be cheaper by about £100 when I renew as well.

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I reckon I can get a set of pattern new springs for about £100.

I would rather have a good used set of originals though.

Not an urgent job, I will keep an eye out. :)

·
Registered
950 Posts
Thanks, I reckon I can get a set of pattern new springs for about £100.

I would rather have a good used set of originals though.

Not an urgent job, I will keep an eye out.
No probs, been looking at this myself for a while now.
These will work though won't they? I've checked the spring length against standard and they are shorter... Mines a lusso though but as I understand will still fit?

·
Registered
950 Posts
yes, they're a lot shorter but still fit. they're a LOT stiffer though, esp compared to lusso
Thanks I think you've said on a previous thread the drop was about 20mm? Have you got a pic of yours Cuore with the rears done please?
I don't want her to look like she's constantly doin a skip run

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Doesn't QV springs at the back and normal at the front make it a bit nose up? The lusso versions are high at the front as standard.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Well, I just made a pic with my phone, am looking into getting it to you...

Doesn't QV springs at the back and normal at the front make it a bit nose up? The lusso versions are high at the front as standard.
This is whst Im afraid of but I thought the hight was the same between Veloce and Lusso just the stiffness was different?

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
As you'll see when I finally manage to upload the pic, the car is level, if not slightly up at the back. Once you start loading, the back drops at a much slower rate than it did before.

·
Registered
950 Posts
As you'll see when I finally manage to upload the pic, the car is level, if not slightly up at the back. Once you start loading, the back drops at a much slower rate than it did before.
Ah cool so am I right in thinking Veloce is the same ride height as Lusso?
Thanks.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Theoretically it is the same. In case of the 2.0 jtdm the veloce and lusso springs are the same on the front, but the veloce gets tougher rear springs.

the dampers are all different for the veloce though (and again for the qv)

·
Registered
950 Posts
Theoretically it is the same. In case of the 2.0 jtdm the veloce and lusso springs are the same on the front, but the veloce gets tougher rear springs.

the dampers are all different for the veloce though (and again for the qv)
Brill thanks when I look at mine the back end is definitely higher so will give it a go :)

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mine was pretty much level as standard, that is why i would be worried about the back being lower on QV springs.

Attachments

·
Registered
950 Posts
Mine was pretty much level as standard, that is why i would be worried about the back being lower on QV springs.
Not sure if just my eyes but the rear looks raised. Think it could be how the rear bumper end of the arch ends quite high up?

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not sure if just my eyes but the rear looks raised. Think it could be how the rear bumper end of the arch ends quite high up?
It might be that picture but if anything I would have said that it was more nose up as standard.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts