Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to see some of the newer MiTos whilst having my handbrake repaired at the dealership and I have to say I've fallen in love with the darker/tinted headlights! :inlove: especially on the red.

I've heard that these are backwards compatible on the older models (excluding Xeon). However I am struggling to source/find some at a good price.

The dealership has quoted me £190+VAT EACH! I noticed a German site retails them but only for LHD.

Any ideas of where else to ask?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Take the lens off yours and spray the plastic insert. ?
Great idea, I just wouldn't know where to start on this. When it comes to anything DIY I always make a mess! :rolleyes:

Would happily pay for someone to do this for me however...

·
Registered
20 Posts
No need to get rough with them, just preheat the oven to 200 and putthem in one at a time with all removable parts taken off, then take them out and pop them off. I know it sounds drastic but it's how it's done, have a look at some videos on YouTube...?
Then just take out the satin silver part and spray that your chosen colour and rebuild with clear silicone. Give it a go, feels great when you do a job like that, very satisfying to see the end result and know you did it yourself.

·
Registered
33 Posts
No need to get rough with them, just preheat the oven to 200 and putthem in one at a time with all removable parts taken off, then take them out and pop them off. I know it sounds drastic but it's how it's done, have a look at some videos on YouTube...��
Then just take out the satin silver part and spray that your chosen colour and rebuild with clear silicone. Give it a go, feels great when you do a job like that, very satisfying to see the end result and know you did it yourself.
Totally agree, thats the way to do it. Did this job before.

But did you actually do it with a mito headlight??

I am asking because some manufacturers seal the headlights with a silicon based glue which can not be removed with heat (it hapen to me with a vauxhall before). They are a nightmare to work with.....wont do it again:tut:

I wonder which type of glue is used on the mito?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts