1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I'd love tem to fit TCT to it, and lose the rear doors:cool:

R

·
0 Posts
Like everything AR has been doing the last few years - if there is one on the cards, it will probably be delayed by 5 years...

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Is it true that there will be a facelift on the Giulietta this year.
As far as I'm aware it's more of a technology update as the Giulietta will get the same touch screen system as the MiTo and Fiat 500L. I don't think there are any external changes.

·
Registered
170 Posts
As far as I'm aware it's more of a technology update as the Giulietta will get the same touch screen system as the MiTo and Fiat 500L. I don't think there are any external changes.
For what its worth a dealer I talked to a month or so ago thought they were making a change to the proportions of the scudetto

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Rumours were that it's confined to slight engine lineup changes, the new touchscreen entertainment system, and changes to seats and interior trim. More than was done with Mito, but not much more.

There was also talk of the 1750 being offered with the TCT box, which makes some kind of sense as this combination is already used on 4C (with a new version of the 1750 engine, though), and offering it on Giulietta would spread the cost a bit (and make Giulietta more competitive in selected markets, e.g. Switzerland and Australia).

Not changing the exterior would be a good thing. It's a good design, and has aged well.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Rumours were that it's confined to slight engine lineup changes, the new touchscreen entertainment system, and changes to seats and interior trim. More than was done with Mito, but not much more.

There was also talk of the 1750 being offered with the TCT box, which makes some kind of sense as this combination is already used on 4C (with a new version of the 1750 engine, though), and offering it on Giulietta would spread the cost a bit (and make Giulietta more competitive in selected markets, e.g. Switzerland and Australia).

Not changing the exterior would be a good thing. It's a good design, and has aged well.
Hi,

where did you hear these rumours?

If the GQV comes with better seats, TcT box and a touch screen I'm definately trading my current GQV for it then.:thumbs:

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Based on trawling other forums. Other Facelift thread

- MultiAir engine outputs increased to 185 PS
- TCT to be available for the 1750 TBi
- Three new body colours: Matt grey, Pearl white, Bronze
- New wheel options and bumpers
- New interior materials
- More leather colours available
- New seat materials (in German, "Stoffe", so could also mean interior padding)
- Touch-screen radio and radio-nav (UConnect, I guess)
- Park-sensors now fitted at front and rear
- New special model, to be called "4C Tributo"
How likely is any of this? Your guess is as good as mine, but there's nothing really expensive in that list. 4C uses the newer version of the 1750 with TCT, so a lot of that engineering has been done, but will the Giulietta also use that newer engine (aluminium block) or stay with the existing one?

·
Registered
33,151 Posts
The change in Scudetto shape mentioned by somebody could amount to a chrome surround in a similar way to the Mito "facelift" .

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Hopefully as well as a shiny new touch screen they can sort out the cars that need new turbos and clutches when they haven't even done 18000 miles. I am falling out of love with Alfa.

I look forward to seeing what has changed mind you, as no doubt as soon as my car is working again, I will love it once more.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Yes, as per classic Alfa, all dealers are not up to par

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
The change in Scudetto shape mentioned by somebody could amount to a chrome surround in a similar way to the Mito "facelift" .
Er, the Giulietta Scudetto has a chrome surround. The Mito was changed to give it a look closer to the Giulietta.

·
Registered
33,151 Posts
The scudetto floats inboard of the body colour with a black frame of grille between it and the recess in the bumper. My suggestion was that the scudetto " chrome" bit could move onto the border of the body colour opening as on the Mito facelift.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'd only ask for a media update that would allow easy updates for existing cars.

Why can't I easily end a bluetooth phone call with the current setup?

R

·
0 Posts
I'd only ask for a media update that would allow easy updates for existing cars.

Why can't I easily end a bluetooth phone call with the current setup?
What phone do you have?
I've noticed a vast improvement in my B&M operation since I changed to a new Sony phone.
Although, just pressing and holding the 'phone' button on the steering wheel has always ended my calls easily.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have an iphone. I find I end up in the menu or putting the call on hold. I'll try holding it longer next time. Thanks for the tip!

We also have a passat that makes this media setup look very dated in comparrison.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts