Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I already have the AR oversized 90mm exhaust tips, but they still look way too small in the holes in the rear dam.

So I'm considering going to 101mm - and then as a custom touch have the QV logo engraved on the top of the tips - letting them stick out just a little.

My only concern is that 100/101mm is going to look too big or stupid. Below is a pic of the Novitec G with 100mm tips, which I think looks pretty cool.

What do you dudes think?

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
I think my supersprint has 100m tips...and it looks insane!

do it.

Better yet, get a full turboback Supersprint!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Fitted the 101mm tips - looks SO MUCH better.... now fills the holes properly..
Interim solution until I decide on an aftermarket full exhaust...

PS. Free set of Alfa 90mm oversize tips if you want them (the ones that came off my car)

Amazing how much bigger the 101 looks to the 90...

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
where u get the 101 tips mate?
I'm in Cape Town, South Africa - the place that fitted them, actually manufacture them.
I can send you a set - in pounds it will be dirt cheap - about 60 pounds...
Add postage and packaging of course.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Think they look cool. Id like a set.
Do they make more noise?
I dont really want to sound like a ford focus st.. lol

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds good to me. How do you install? do you have to take the old ones off somehow? Then how do you secure the new?

cheers mate
You need to cut off the existing tips and weld these new ones on.
You do this on the car, they do not need to remove the rear box.

I would suggest having it done at an exhaust fitment place.
It does not require any modification of the existing pipes or any additional pipes (in case they tell you that to add to the cost!) - these weld straight on.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Think they look cool. Id like a set.
Do they make more noise?
I dont really want to sound like a ford focus st.. lol
I haven't noticed much difference in sound - if there is any, I would say it has a slightly throatier drone... if any!

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Razzo all you need now is a set of H&R springs...I've got a set for sale!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Razzo all you need now is a set of H&R springs...I've got a set for sale!
Wheels first - I've ditched the 20" idea and now going for these 19" OZ Italia ones.
Only problem is they cost R 27k without tyres!! :cry:

Then depending on how well they fill the wheel arches (I know the circumference stays the same) - I'll decide on springs / coilovers.

How much you want for the H&R's - and why did you take them off your car?

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
I want R2500 for them. They are 10 months old. I'm looking to go lower!!! I'm looking to go the coilover route but the cheapest set imported is R13k and that needs some saving!

H&R lowers about 30mm and I'd like to be at 45mm.

THe OZ's are expensive, are you the type of guy that likes originals or do you not mind running with replicas?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
R2500 is a bit rich for a used set, I can get the Eibachs (which I fitted to my last G and really liked the handling) for the same price brand-new. And the Eibachs are red, which ties up nicely with the red calipers.

Not sure what you mean by the reps question - I don't think there is a rep of this OZ wheel and this is the kind of wheel I would expect to see on the GGTA - diamond cut face and the rest all black - suits the car.
The only OEM 19" we can get here as you know is the 159 like you have and I just find it a little too plain.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
R3200 new, blue line versions which are lower than normal versions.

The rep question is, do you want authentic wheels or will reps suffice?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
So, had the rear dam / lower skirt flattened (to get rid of the texture) and sprayed high-gloss black - looks a lot better than the standard grey/black piece of plastic..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts