Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if anyone on here has experienced a similar problem to me ? I have a standard QV Giulietta fitted with 18" turbines. At the end of March i became aware of a "squeak" coming from the front left wheel just as I was arriving home after a long-ish drive. Sure enough the paint on the Brembo calliper was rubbed enough to lose some of the top layer of lacquer. That day i swapped those wheels which were fitted with my winter tyres for my 18" teledials. No repeat of this rubbing until last week when driving along a dual carriageway the same noise was heard but stopped after a couple of minutes. Sure enough, investigation of the calliper revealed further loss of lacquer/red paint from the calliper. Wheels are fitted correctly and are in good condition, not kerbed. It's only happening on front n/s not the o/s. is there some minuscule adjustment that my calliper requires ? Will Alfa replace the cosmetically damaged calliper under warranty ?

Thanks for reading

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes both turbines and tele dials are OE (Alfa). The fact that both sets of wheels rub the same calliper (on intermittent occasions) leads me to believe it is the calliper...

·
Registered
475 Posts
My off side front caliper caliper has some laquer & paint missing when i braught it, its on the 8c style ones, they run very close to the wheel possibly only millimeters away, but im assuming a stone has been picked up at some point. & managed to grt inyo this gap under speed & took the peice out, ive not seen any evidence of the 2 hitting or colideing while i have had the car. Will get them resprayed in the summer i think anyway.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
Is it actually the wheel or is it one of the stick on weights that is catching?

·
Registered
419 Posts
possibility of brake caliper moving or coming loose from bracket after awhile, have turbines on mine its a tight clearance but no touching. having the caliper checked out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts