Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have read a few posts that it’s possible to activate the Adaptive Cruise control on cars that don’t have it as std as all the hardware is already installed.

From what I can gather all I need to add is steering wheel button and enable ACC with MES. Has anyone done this ? Thinking of giving it a go.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Very soon we will have a solution for the cars with the SGW :)

Reactions: Phil_D

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Far be it from me to pee on your strawberries Phil, but I'm guessing this would be a major problem if you had a bad accident and police investigators forensically took the car apart.

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Far be it from me to pee on your strawberries Phil, but I'm guessing this would be a major problem if you had a bad accident and police investigators forensically took the car apart.
I honestly don't know.

I would imagine its the same as fitting cruise control to any vehicle without it, people have been retro fitting it for years, that's not necessarily saying you are wrong just because its been done a lot before, i just have never heard of any issues.

Everything is already on the car i.e. radar, camera, throttle and brake control, i just need to plug in the button and to turn it on in MES and it will work. I could probably ask my dealer to do it but tbh it doesn't look like massively complicated process.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I have ACC and use it a lot, so I can see the attraction.

The issue is more acute than just with retro fitted cruise control, or aftermarket wheels/exhaust or other such modifications that you are supposed to notify to your insurers in that ACC brakes and accelerates for you. If it somehow didn't brake and you were in a bad accident, I wonder if police (if you killed someone) or insurers (looking to wriggle off the hook) would be astute enough to find it and compare with the original spec sheet from factory.

My guess is unlikely, but not sure I'd want to take the chance.

All of this said, I'm really interested to see if this can be done as, at £850, it is a reasonably expensive option and if you can do it cheaply and it works, I think a few might do it.

Best of luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts