Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will try again for the 3rd time but when the mods are in collusion with the trolls its kinda hard...(awaits deletion, closure) especially when you ask them for valid reason why they ignore you...suppose thats the alfista for you.

Those who have no experience of a QV please don't post on my thread unless its constructive, genuine and not trolling.

Anyway.

I have worked out how to close the mirrors using the button...i didnt realise it was a flick switch...doh!

however despite having the button/wheel centred when locking still doesnt automatically fold the mirrors in.

i can find nothing in the in car manual either paper or elctronic that says it does this, and or how to activate. I know it should as you have all told me but i cannot work out how. Any one have any ideas?!

is it an extra long press of the locking button as per shutting the windows (if so has no effect on the mirrors)
smarty, no didnt notice anything when i manually folded it.
thanks!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Before this gets closed as well, there is no special way to lock the door to get the mirrors to fold. The remote or the handle button (if you have PE) will do the trick. I recall that there was a setting in infotainment that allowed the mirrors to fold. I'll look later today, ready to answer your next new post! Failing that, it's a trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
No there isn't a setting in the infotainment. They just do it.
If it's not doing it then I'd sughest getting the dealer to look at it (or maybe call them 1st to ask them).
As soon as I lock my car (regardless of how but I usually press the door button) they fold in. Ooh, that's a thought. I have convenience pack with keyless entry. Do you? Maybe it's related to that?
Do you have a passive entry button on the door handle?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Will try again for the 3rd time but when the mods are in collusion with the trolls its kinda hard...(awaits deletion, closure) especially when you ask them for valid reason why they ignore you... suppose thats the alfista for you.
Wow, interesting opener! I don't really get the last bit though...

Those who have no experience of a QV please don't post on my thread unless its constructive, genuine and not trolling.
Noted. "QV owners only" question. Got it. However, this is an open forum, not your 'personal' thread - surely anyone is entitled to post what they like, even if you don't think input from non-QV owners is worthy?

I know it should as you have all told me but i cannot work out how. Any one have any ideas?!
Oh, you're after our help?

Here's some constructive advice for you - maybe, if you were to come across as a bit more pleasant on here, people might be more inclined to have a think about your issue, throw some ideas and suggestions out there for you to consider?

I find the above post quite insulting and annoying - just the general tone of it... I come on here to learn stuff and share what I've learned amongst other like minded people, seeing pictures of people drooling over their pride and joy and sure, a bit of banter.

It's a FOLDING MIRROR issue, all Guilias have folding mirrors, making most of us on here quite capable of trying to help - unfortunately for you, it seems that everyone else's are working... maybe you should take it back to your dealer instead of making wild accusations and, dare I say it, baiting the trolls???

Anyway, that's my 2 penneth - even if you didn't ask for it - it is a public forum after all!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No there isn't a setting in the infotainment. They just do it.
If it's not doing it then I'd sughest getting the dealer to look at it (or maybe call them 1st to ask them).
As soon as I lock my car (regardless of how but I usually press the door button) they fold in. Ooh, that's a thought. I have convenience pack with keyless entry. Do you? Maybe it's related to that?
Do you have a passive entry button on the door handle?
yeah i have the convenience pack with keyless. have the passive entry button

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Noted. "QV owners only" question. Got it. However, this is an open forum, not your 'personal' thread - surely anyone is entitled to post what they like, even if you don't think input from non-QV owners is worthy?

Here's some constructive advice for you - maybe, if you were to come across as a bit more pleasant on here, people might be more inclined to have a think about your issue, throw some ideas and suggestions out there for you to consider?

I find the above post quite insulting and annoying - just the general tone of it... I come on here to learn stuff and share what I've learned amongst other like minded people, seeing pictures of people drooling over their pride and joy and sure, a bit of banter.

It's a FOLDING MIRROR issue, all Guilias have folding mirrors, making most of us on here quite capable of trying to help - unfortunately for you, it seems that everyone else's are working... maybe you should take it back to your dealer instead of making wild accusations and, dare I say it, baiting the trolls???

Anyway, that's my 2 penneth - even if you didn't ask for it - it is a public forum after all!
Richard, i sincerely apologies over how this has come across, it was not intended to be insulting or annoying, and the language used was merely to not get the thread locked again as a way of expressing my ongoing frustrations at a certain poster who is popping up on every thread i make and derailing them and adding nothing constructive. By mentioning no names i was trying not to get it closed again. And when i have raised my concerns about this person and why its allowed i get 0 response. I gladly welcome contributions from others, as i have on other threads and hope you have seen. The broad "no QVs owner" statement was sweeping and ill judged but i have no other way of requesting said poster stops ruining threads that i intend to be and hope people would be interested in, i.e. my first impressions of the car, as well as the help requests. See my original thread on this where i made no such 'rude' statements. It was merely a reaction to the continued derailment that goes unpunished seemingly. the poster in question has done this to a number of other on here.

In conclusion i apologiesif it came across the wrong way but it was merely an attempt to not have this person mess it up again, which sadly failed almost immediately. I have tried the ignore button but still see quotes, and likes and the like.

i would welcome your contributiosn and any others who are not just trolling me.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, let's try and help this poor chap... the manual is here:
http://aftersales.fiat.com/eLumData/EN/83/620_GIULIA/83_620_GIULIA_530.06.288_EN_05_09.17_SI_CN/83_620_GIULIA_530.06.288_EN_05_09.17_SI_CN.pdf

Page 41... though mine doesn't have the "Automatic mirror closing" option and they just close automatically ALWAYS. I don't have the convenience pack.
Good man! i will check when home. couldn't for the life of me find driver assistance section on the rotary, sounds like that should be able to fix the issue.

·
Administrator. ?? ?? Devoid of gorm.
7,610 Posts
Will try again for the 3rd time but when the mods are in collusion with the trolls its kinda hard...(awaits deletion, closure) especially when you ask them for valid reason why they ignore you...suppose thats the alfista for you.

Anyway.

I have worked out how to close the mirrors using the button...i didnt realise it was a flick switch...doh!

however despite having the button/wheel centred when locking still doesnt automatically fold the mirrors in.

i can find nothing in the in car manual either paper or elctronic that says it does this, and or how to activate. I know it should as you have all told me but i cannot work out how. Any one have any ideas?!

is it an extra long press of the locking button as per shutting the windows (if so has no effect on the mirrors)
smarty, no didnt notice anything when i manually folded it.
thanks!
Hi there!
Just a quick note to let you know that the moderation team are not collusion with anyone, trolls or otherwise.
Your previous attempts of this thread have been closed due to mainly one individual taking them off track and reducing them to mud slinging.
As mentioned in the 1st attempt of a the thread, "unless people can talk to each other like mature adults then this [closure] will be the result"

So, the best thing I can suggest you do (for now) is to add anyone you feel is ruining your threads to your ignore list.
And, if every valid contributor to this thread does the same, then the thread trashing will stop.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Will try again for the 3rd time but when the mods are in collusion with the trolls its kinda hard...(awaits deletion, closure) especially when you ask them for valid reason why they ignore you... suppose thats the alfista for you.

I know it should as you have all told me but i cannot work out how. Any one have any ideas?!

In fairness TPs words weren't aimed at the general forum populous.

On topic my car didn't have the comfort entry but did have automagic folding mirrors.

My hunch is that this is a software enabled feature which hasn't been set up. A number of manufacturers charge for auto fold as an option even though the tech, specifically the motors so that the folding can be triggered from the drivers seat are built in. This stuff can be switched on and off via the Alfa diagnostic tools which talk directly to the ECUs and CANBUS systems, I reckon there is a chance this is part of UK PDI and may not have been done.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi there!
Just a quick note to let you know that the moderation team are not collusion with anyone, trolls or otherwise.
Your previous attempts of this thread have been closed due to mainly one individual taking them off track and reducing them to mud slinging.
As mentioned in the 1st attempt of a the thread, "unless people can talk to each other like mature adults then this [closure] will be the result"

So, the best thing I can suggest you do (for now) is to add anyone you feel is ruining your threads to your ignore list.
And, if every valid contributor to this thread does the same, then the thread trashing will stop.
thanks, appreciate getting a response. i have done the ignore thing, but still see quotes etc and cant stop him from derailing as others responding to him, can you not just delete that persons posts? or even better ban them ? ;)

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
In fairness TPs words weren't aimed at the general forum populous.

On topic my car didn't have the comfort entry but did have automagic folding mirrors.

My hunch is that this is a software enabled feature which hasn't been set up. A number of manufacturers charge for auto fold as an option even though the tech, specifically the motors so that the folding can be triggered from the drivers seat are built in. This stuff can be switched on and off via the Alfa diagnostic tools which talk directly to the ECUs and CANBUS systems, I reckon there is a chance this is part of UK PDI and may not have been done.
if silver chariots suggestion doesn't work i will get on the blower to them. its just a bit annoying, not doing something it should, be it user error or alfa error!

·
Banned
2,484 Posts
Hi there!

some aspects of this post are a little head in the sand if you dont mind me saying
i have fired off a couple of reports, i would suggest you look at the narrative and links carefully
:)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Wheel crabbing on full lock when tyres are cold is a bit concerning. My cars parked in an underground car park and its a very uncomfortable experience getting the car out of its parking spot. I was wondering if anyone as fitted Winter Tyres yet and if this fixes the issue i.e. the Corsa's are very soft...

·
Banned
2,484 Posts
oh papa your so transparent!
isnt this an example of you derailing your own thread ??

i mean, here is a user making a comment, and totally out of the blue, you want to make a connection to the nightmare you created 3 days ago :)
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-giulia/1085786-giulia-reviews-youtube-magazines-etc-11.html#post16514377

i am not "scaryshark" by a long shot, and i really do suggest you take Halibut's advice and place me on ignore, trust me, you will feel a lot better for it, i appear to have a stance that contradicts and conflicts with your narrative, so there is NO point discussing anything any further
just put me on ignore, champ :)

PS, sounds like your mirrors are broken ...

·
Banned
2,484 Posts
thanks, appreciate getting a response. i have done the ignore thing, but still see quotes etc and cant stop him from derailing as others responding to him, can you not just delete that persons posts? or even better ban them ? ;)
Never miss an opportunity to make others happy...........
.....even if you have to leave the room in order to do it.

:)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts