Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
77,372 Posts
:lol:

but seriously................

"If there's one thing I would like to import from Britain to France it's the pubs."
- French Prime Minister François Fillon.

or

"I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen." - Charlie Sheen.

or

"I hope from the bottom of my heart that the people will, hand in hand, treat each other with compassion and overcome these difficult times." - Akihito, Japanese Emperor after earthquake, tsunami and nuclear leaks.

or

"I'm 74 years old and even though I may be a bit of a rascal ... 33 girls in two months seems to me too much even for a 30-year-old." - Silvio Berlusconi.

or

"I have $9m left. It's a decent amount and I'm not looking for sympathy, but it isn't an awful lot for someone who has been at the top of his profession for 40 years." - John Cleese after paying his third ex-wife $16m.

or

"Daddy, you're so handsome." - Dallas Wiens, first person to receive full face transplant in USA, recounting at press conference what his young daughter told him when first saw him after the operation.

or

"I love the smell of emissions." - Sarah Palin.

or

"This is one of the most humble days of my life." - Rupert Murdoch.

or

"I am not part of the PlayStation generation." - Prince Charles.

or

"It's not age that Hendrix, Jones, Joplin, Cobain and Amy have in common - it's drug abuse." - Billy Bragg.

or

"My friends and I have been coddled long enough by a billionaire friendly Congress." - Warren Buffett, investor and the world's third richest person, proposing a higher tax rate for America's super-rich.

or

"Nobody should believe that another half century of peace and prosperity in Europe can be taken for granted. Therefore, I say that if the euro fails, Europe fails." - Angela Merkel.

·
Administrator
23,038 Posts
"It's not age that Hendrix, Jones, Joplin, Cobain and Amy have in common - it's drug abuse." - Billy Bragg.
I have followed Billy B since the '80's - he does both politics and emotion - a hard thing to master.

Just listen to "The Man in the Iron Mask" - true emotion but a totally unrecognised song.

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
I have followed Billy B since the '80's - he does both politics and emotion - a hard thing to master.

Just listen to "The Man in the Iron Mask" - true emotion but a totally unrecognised song.

He was a proper hard faced get :tut: :D

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
A favourite quote I aspire to has to be ...

"You ain't drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on"

'Dean Martin' :thumbs:

·
Registered
10,019 Posts

I must admit, I do prefer Paul Young's cover :eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts