Alfa Romeo Forum banner

101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Good for you Eve, nice thought. :thumbs:

Was our old pal Q a phlebotomist by profession, he never did tell me, although I gathered he was NHS employed? :):

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Great character who I know we all miss, but it's nice to remember him as you do from time to time Eve.

Thanks for posting, Zed. :):

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Clearly Quinn was a very popular individual. I only became a semi-regular on here fairly recently. Very touching backstory.

FWIW, just before I noticed this thread in the early hours I was watching Season 5 of The Professionals. One episode, although I didn't see it last night, is called 'A Man Called Quinn'.

RIP Quinny.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Only just seen the sad news, even though I don't visit AO everyday as I used to I still visit but missed it until today.

I always looked out for his ramblings and never quite worked out how seriously to take them, but for originality there was nobody to touch him. I did post a few times on Quinn's threads with some surprisingly normal responses back in my direction.

To say that he was part of AO is very much an understatement, he was one of the reasons that AO is unique. For me, he will always be remembered as the TinTin lookalike 'Quinn' and for his unfathomable initial postings that often led to a hilarious thread.

RIP Quinn.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Not been round these parts for a while.

On the rare occasions I am,Quinns off the wall posts were a constant source of amusement/ bemusement........;)

It will be a lesser place without him :(:(

RIP Quinn

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Sorry, only just caught up with this post - what very sad news :(

Funny how you associate someone with the avatar they use and I remember his Richard Burton avatar well.

I can't say I ever knew anything about him from outside the forum - but it seems that he's someone whose gone way before his time.

R.I.P Quinn

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sad news

I just read this and recognised his name from back in the days I had my Alfa between '01 and '06 and used to get his help on the 155 forum. Really sorry to hear this, especially someone so young.

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
Oh Quinn :(

I haven't visited the forum for nearly a year and return to see this - so very very sad.

There are some people in life who you never meet in person, but mean a lot to you. For me, he was the quirky, funny, off the wall character who made this place special...and I enjoyed plenty of banter with him. As soon as I saw he'd started another thread, I'd smile, thinking what now!

At the same time, we had many more serious conversations about our mutual love of old B&W film.

I'm sure where ever you are Quinn, you'll be putting a smile on someone's face. Gibbo and I will be having a drink for you old friend :beer:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Just seen this. RIP QUINN. You will be missed by us all.

101 - 114 of 114 Posts