Alfa Romeo Forum banner

41 - 60 of 114 Posts

·
Super Moderator
60,034 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss Barry :( thank you for letting us (his AO family) know.

RIP Quinn, this is very hard to take in :(

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
No.

No. No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.

:( :( :( :( :(

I only came in here to post a **** take thread.

Quinn was the first person I met off an Alfa forum. I was 21 at at the time, naive and slightly surprised by his brummy accent. I'd sold him a squdra chip for his 155 via the close knit 155.com forum.

Trusting, as always, he'd driven up up from Birmingham, allowed me to verify that his ecu was compatible, take it apart, and fit a replacement chip. He put his trust in me, a fat, spotty, teenager who claimed (arrogantly) to know what they were doing.

At the time he described the forum as family - "We're here to help each other after all" And consequently helped define my relationship with Alfa Romeo and the forums.

We stayed in touch for a number of years, spoke regularly, and with concern discussed other forum members. Be it their state of mind or their health, it didn't matter. He always cared about the people he interacted with, friend or foe, I know he was fond of both, never judgemental and relished their thoughts, opinions, regardless of wether they differed from his perspective.

For me this is what defined him. His continual curiosity for other people's perspective.

I, for one, am deeply saddened to hear that he's gone.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Hello all.

An excellent choice of track,VO2.That was just a bit of music I wrote one afternoon and he thought he'd stick some words over it.What a lot of folks never realised is that nearly all the words he sang (and a fair bit of my music) were made up on the spot and largely improvised yet,somehow.it still came out OK.Indeed,in that picture,I am the one on the left.We must have written in excess of 3000 songs since we first got together but I guess that's all come to an end now.

I just know he would have been so delighted with all.the messages you guys have posted here and in reality he was not quite the prickly character he came across as.He was funny,witty,blindingly intelligent and we would endlessly bounce around bizarre theories and ideas until the very small hours,crash out,wake up,light a smoke and start all over again.

What can I say other than things will never be the same again? Tonight in the pub my girl and I did the great Brummie tradition when someone moves on.I bought a double Vodka and lime and placed in on the table along with a cigar.

I do hope he pops back for it later.It cost me four quid! Cigars weren't cheap either.

Thanks everyone.

Barry.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Hello all.

An excellent choice of track,VO2.That was just a bit of music I wrote one afternoon and he thought he'd stick some words over it.What a lot of folks never realised is that nearly all the words he sang (and a fair bit of my music) were made up on the spot and largely improvised yet,somehow.it still came out OK.Indeed,in that picture,I am the one on the left.We must have written in excess of 3000 songs since we first got together but I guess that's all come to an end now.

I just know he would have been so delighted with all.the messages you guys have posted here and in reality he was not quite the prickly character he came across as.He was funny,witty,blindingly intelligent and we would endlessly bounce around bizarre theories and ideas until the very small hours,crash out,wake up,light a smoke and start all over again.

What can I say other than things will never be the same again? Tonight in the pub my girl and I did the great Brummie tradition when someone moves on.I bought a double Vodka and lime and placed in on the table along with a cigar.

I do hope he pops back for it later.It cost me four quid! Cigars weren't cheap either.

Thanks everyone.

Barry.
Thanks Barry for the great stories :)

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
Sad news... He was talking about going for MRI scan recently, that discussion was turned into 'that finger' chatter soon.

RIP Quinn.

·
Registered
44,690 Posts
Quinn and I didn't interact very much at all, probably because I had trouble understanding a lot of the things he posted. There were one or two occasions when I think I glimpsed what other people seemed to see in him. I always wondered what the real person and not the online persona was like. Then he bought the Beemer and I knew for certain he was a good bloke, certainly a man with excellent taste. Quinn was only a few weeks younger than me and shouldn't have been taken so soon. I hope he's happy and playing his music wherever he is. My condolences to all his family and friends, you'll be in my thoughts. Quinn will always be remembered in the AO memory.

Rest in Peace Quinn.

·
Registered
42,283 Posts
'They'? say.... "The Good Die Young"

We had some good banter together 'Q' old chap over the past seven years or so? :thumbs:

If music be the Food of Love 'Q' play on. You'll be well and truly missed on AO mate. RIP. Zed.

·
Registered
42,283 Posts
Ooops! Sorry mate! :eek: This old Git can't count, but having got to know you a little, I'm sure you would just laugh this off with your great sense of humour.:): Thinking of you and your friends and family. :):

E

·
0 Posts
I just saw the last post by HM in Quinns MRI post and then scrolled down to see this :(

In the 10 years I have been on this forum it has changed, people have come, people have gone, but there has always been a set of people who feel part of the AO family. I may not have interacted with Quinn much here, but he was certainly part of the AO establishment and family.

RIP Quinn, thoughts are with your family and friends. As has been said by others, thank you Barry for taking the time to come here and pass this sad news on.

41 - 60 of 114 Posts