Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
what SIF said - quinn was part of the furniture round this place. a proper one-off individual, mad as a box of frogs, i for one will miss his musings. rest in peace quinny :(

·
Registered
24,519 Posts
Part of the heart and soul of this place. Always will be.

RIP old chum.
Genuinely taken back by this news. RIP Quinn. I never understood you but I did like you.

V

·
0 Posts
I literally had 5mins to log on at work this afternoon, and I was confronted by this thread. Couldn't quite believe it, posted a reply, then I was called back to work.

Now I'm at home and logged on again, it seems it was true. Terrible and truly shocking news.

I think Steve and Al have summed up Quinn's presence here (I'll call him Quinn, because that's how we knew him). He was part of the heart and soul of this place, and he was a one-off and he was as mad as a box of frogs.

Not that it particularly matters, but I'd like to think he liked me. He could be a bit of a controversial loon and cryptic as hell, and he played on that - playfully. It seemed obvious to me that he liked a drink or three?

But what amazed me, and seemed to come out of nowhere as far as AO was concerned, was his music. It was, by and large, bloody good! And Barry - it seems that you were a collaborator in this?

I'm sorry for our loss, because that's what it is to AO. But of course, very sorry for your loss, because you were a good mate 'in real life'. And please pass on my condolences to all his family and do tell them: he was a real character and he will be sorely missed.

·
Registered
14,354 Posts
RIP Quinn. Always something of an enigma but definitely made the place more interesting.

·
Registered
22,759 Posts
Can't say I got on with or agreed with many of his postings, but his unique style will be missed.

The world would be a boring place if we were all the same.

RIP Quinn.

·
Super Moderator
23,001 Posts
Thank you Barry for taking the time to consider us, a mere forum, at the time of a personal loss to you. It is truly appreciated.

Quinn was a personal favourite of mine. He could be quirky, frustrating, often liberated by alcohol but a joy to behold - he made me laugh a lot.

I am truly in shock.

RIP Mark.

·
Registered
12,911 Posts
Jesus, that's a shock.

As others have said, Quinn was an enigma that sprang out of a box of frogs but I enjoyed his cryptic (if occasionally paranoid) posts but he was a really important contributor to AO and he will be missed by me and many on here.

Rest in peace, Quinn, there are no mobile phones where you are now :thumbs:

Barry, thank you for taking the time to register and tell us this news.

·
Registered
17,039 Posts
Good grief, this is awful news. Shock prevents me from saying much else.

RIP Quinn.

(I still can't believe this horrible news)

V

·
0 Posts
Quinn is on the right in my current avatar. I don't know if that's Barry, the poster, on the left? This is pretty upsetting.

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
Can't say that I could be bothered with him in recent years, and usually avoided his posts, but I'm sorry for your loss, Barry, as you had the chance to know the real person hidden from us by his on-screen persona - and for sure 48 is an awfully young age to be taken. I hope your wedding won't be unduly blighted by this, and my condolences to his family.

21 - 40 of 114 Posts