Alfa Romeo Forum banner

681 - 700 of 722 Posts

·
Vendor
46,342 Posts
Mine's off in again, one of the rear springs has broken, all 4 corners getting done, just waiting for a date from Simon for the parts. so if you see a wonky looking 159, that'll be me!
Are you using original springs or Eibach?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Will let you know when I get her back, she's on a sleepover, picking her up tomorrow, they had some issues getting it all done today and set today.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Got her back, took her round the back roads around the Scotch Corner area on the way to my mam's......what can i say :wow: :inlove:, its like driving a different car, absolutely planted on the road, the mrs drove it back and even she commented! i cant tell any difference in the ride quality (fat a rse) and the mrs said she couldnt either. We dont think the ride is any harder than before. :)

It will be going back for new adjustable bushes, which Simon stated would sort out excessive tyre wear on the inside fronts, the current bushes are just starting to wear, probably wait till spring before getting them done, unless they get really bad.

Simon replaced NSF drop link, which, as far as i can tell hasn't been added to the quote/bill!

Awesome job done by Simon and the boys!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Well, the bushes arent lasting as long as expected with the new suspension, hopefully she's off in next week to have the new adjustable ones fitted.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Booked in on the 3rd for a service and MOT. :)
Spotted yours today while I was getting two tyres fitted.

Your calipers put mine to shame.

·
Registered
6,388 Posts
Ha thanks.
Service and MOT done, a clean bill of health. :D
Front tyres need changing this year.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Put a bit of weight on Jon ? ;)
:mad: I would like to say no, but highly likely yes, or maybe i could blame the m.....best not go there!

The car is all done, informed i had a wearing engine mount :rolleyes: other than that she's tip top, if a tad dirty.

Simon is investigating remap and other options for increased oomph!

On the tyre issue mentioned above, i fitted Falken to the fronts about 4 months ago, 245 x 40 x 19 instead of the 235's circa £220 for 2, no complaints at all, will be fitting them to the rears when they go.

·
Registered
327 Posts
And she's back in again, steering rack this time :rolleyes:. Getting the front discs upgraded at the same time, plus new battery. She's been there since Wednesday, they are chock-a-block at the moment and they are having some issues getting hold of a steering rack.

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
I'm heading there tonight in the Maser for some new back tyres.

Price was virtually the same as the interweb so quite chuffed

681 - 700 of 722 Posts