Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I set fire to things.. is the boot light a permenent non switched positive? - ie can I connect a car battery across it to earth to power the car up?

Ta,
Alex

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
looking at the wiring diagram it doesn't look like it'll work.. does anyone know if the boot light comes on without the key in the ignition?

A

Oh & it's raining frown

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty sure it does........but thats from memory, I aint goin outside :D

wrinx

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks wrinx.. I'll not hold you responsible when I set fire to it all wink

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeh course it does...when you take out your shopping with the keys in your hand it comes on....why would you want to anyway..?????

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well.. the battery is flat, the door locks have been drilled out by some thiefing sod & now I need to get into it. Hence they attempt to connect another car battery across the boot light (which didn't work, but it was raining too hard to be bothered with why)

Any suggestions?

A

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
why dont you just crawl underneath and put a live on the battery/starter or alternator....???????????? this should be easy to do.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All sorted. I managed to just jig the locks - why didn't I think of that earlier - they were knackered anyway so no problem there.

& guess what.. on a battery charger for a couple of hours to get some life into it & she started on the button. How's that for reliability!

Tks for the suggestions guys, I guess she'll see regular use again for a while.

Cheers,
A

1 - 8 of 8 Posts