Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My temp goes up a bit above the 90 in traffic, before it cools down from the fan or the air when I speed up. is it ok if it goes a bit above 90 or is my rad on the way out?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
water pump and thermostat changed about a year ago so they probably had to change a bit if not all there? its not too far over, not even halfway to the next line after the middle one if you know what i mean.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
the low speed kicks in at 98 deg C & the high speed at 103 deg C ...rem this is a pressurised system to the coolant is not actually boiling at this temperature.

sound sliek your car is acting normal

·
Registered
13 Posts
My temp goes up a bit above the 90 in traffic, before it cools down from the fan or the air when I speed up. is it ok if it goes a bit above 90 or is my rad on the way out?
U r ok pal....I have a 04 2.0 JTS silly, except mine kicks in just before 90

·
Registered
134 Posts
mine with a/c off cuts in at 95c low speed and 97.5c full speed and never goes beyond 98c

but!

with a/c on full speed fan cuts in at over 90c

I have checked these temps by using my alfa diag connection

04reg 2.0 jts 33k miles

·
Registered
64 Posts
OK try this one then, mine ticks over at between 50-75 and never uses the fan (as far as i can tell) Then on the road moving it goes up to about 90 and then if I erm.....HOOF IT then it goes up to around 105 ish.....any ideas? sorry to hijack another members thread but the response seemed to be that he was in the clear!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts