Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,

In the slippy conditions I managed to clip my car on the curb going round a round about sideways. It hit pretty hard and square on the face of the wheel when it was at full lock. Its bent the steering rack among other things. As a new one is over £700(!!!), I am looking for a used one from the breakers.

So the question I'm getting is whether its a quick steering rack or a standard one. it goes 2turns lock to lock. Is that quick??? Is the quick rack interchangeable with the standard???

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Do a search, I replied to one guy around 6 months ago max who asked about getting a faster steering rack, and myself and others pointed out the GTV has a fast one as it is. The number of turns lock to lock was mentioned in that thread, 2.1 comes to mind for some reason...

·
Vendor
46,432 Posts
GTV V6 rack is different to the TS one.. I have a GTV V6 steering rack at work, give me a bell in the morning 01525 221 921

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK so there was only ever one type of rack? No such thing as a quick rack option? To be honest the breaker was talking about a 1.5turn quick rack. Sounds unlikely.

THanks for the offer Pud. i got quoted a used rack for £75. Is it worth me bothering you?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts