Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woohoo! got my quick shift fitted to the Q4, it's great. A few teething problems to get around - like the gater can't go back on at the moment or I cant get 2nd, but that should be easily sorted.

I recommend you all get out there & get one! Mine was about £60 all in delivered.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Morning Justin,

I kind of know a guy who makes them out in Japan, I think he can do them for all 155's though I haven't really talked to him about them for the other 155's. Which one are you after & I'll ask the question.

Cheers,
A

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Alex

Any chance of some fotos and a bit of fitting instruction/advice?

wrinx

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I might be interested too. 1994 Silverstone. You know the score F2G.

Cheers,

Marlon

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey F2G,
Me again!!! You know someone in Japan??? Cool. :D I am obviously very interested in knowing a little bit more about the quickshift. Is it available for a 1995MY 2.0L 16V Sport? A little bit of a tech spec wouldn't hurt, a picture would be sweet too! How much would your guy send one over for (VAT & P&P included of course)?

Cheers,

Taz.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey everyone.. I'll sort some pics of mine out. If I'd thought there would be this much interest I would have taken some pics before & after etc! :)

Mine cost about £62 all in. It took about a week to arrive (but he's out racing a lot so sometimes I can't get hold of him for a while). All of the kits should be about the same price. Though there is normally a bank charge of about 5000 yen on top!! (£26) when we pay so I guess it's better to order a few things at the same time.

Watch this space for the pics. Oh yeah, had it fitted wrong yesterday it was a nice shift but that's all sorted, it's even shorter throw now.

Alex

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's a quick snap of it..

On the Red linkage I had to turn the bolt from the rod around so it didn't foul on the transmission tunnel. Sounds confusing, but makes sense when you can see it.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We could always send cash and avoid the bank charges or order in bulk and pay one lot of charges :D

wrinx

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm sorted out an account so we don't have to pay such high charges, a couple of quid covers it now wink Yay!

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alex

Whats up with the link? Is it the proper "Get a link for this picture"? I had problems trying to shortcut Fotango to get rid of their advertising, it works first time but then doesn't link anymore :(

I'd be interested to know how this works, what exactly is it? Presume its not a Touring Car style forward and back gearchange?

wrinx

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
aahhh blooming fotango. Should be sorted now. (oohh I wonder how they do that wink )

It workes by altering the ratio of movement between the two linkages & the gear box. There is one 'adaptor' per linkage. 1 fore-aft & 1 side to side. to keep it simple, you bolt them on & the shift is shorter, but requires more effort to select gears etc.

Cheers,
A

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Right, I've just recieved the catalogue from the guy in Japan & it's full of Tuning gear for the 155 (& a load of other alfa's & Lancia delta's). So if you have any desires for swanky tuning bits, let me know & I'll see if he can sort you out.

Cheers
Alex

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
a list is kinda hard because he has some things which only fit certain models & he seems happy to just make stuff that he doesn't have if you are willing to pay for it.

Here's a quick run down of the main 155 type things:
Quick shift
strut brace (top)
strut brace (bottom)
Induction kit
LSD
Light flywheel
Lightweight bonnet
leightweight boot
Kevlar\carbon triangle to replace grille
suspension
brakes
stainless & titanium (yes Ti) exhausts & cat pipes

There are also all sorts of tuning bits depending on engine & type etc. He does stuff for the GTV & 156 as well.

cheers,
A
You can get me on [email protected] for any specific Q's

1 - 16 of 16 Posts