Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seem to getting a sqweeking noise from the front left had wheel when ever i tend 2 brake alil hard or alil solid, only noticed it when it was raining the other nice n tends 2 happen only in the wet.
is this a result the brake pads being worn or discs.? or should i just replace both??

also i have a 2.0 GT petrol and for some reason its sounding like a diesel when its in idle a fren mechanic noticed the exhaust at the bottom in the middle of the car was a lil loose
( probably all the F*cking speed humps which i never go fast over anyways )
he did manage 2 get it 2 stop rattling for the moment but id have to put it on a lift .

is there any other reason for this kinda sounding like a diesel or am i better of just selling it,
even doe these are the only problems i have with my car,
well other than i need 2 new light bulbs
2 new window wipers
and fixing the passenger sit so i dont need to get out all the damn time 2 let ppl in the back loool

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
squeaking could be because of the brake pads being worn.

brake pads have a a layer of friction material at the bottom that produces a squeak / squeal as they get low, this serves as an audible warning to the driver that the pads are low and could need replacing.

You should take the wheel off and have a look at the pads, you need to check the inside pad as if the slider is sticky you will wear the inside pad more than outside, so check the inside pad particularly. if one set is worn out you will need to replace both.

brake discs require more experience to know if you need to replace them, as they get thin they will lip badly on the top of the disc, so you will need to know to recognise this, or any fatigue / cracking in the metal, to know when to replace the discs.

As for derv sound, have you checked your oil level recently? Do you keep up the service history? If the car has done more than 36k miles or 3 years without cambelt change realistically this could do with replacing, at which point you typically do the variator, often associated with a derv sound. I not 100% if that applys to JTS engines but believe it does.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts