Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whereabouts are the front indicators located... up in the headlamp area or down the bottom of the bumper...??

:confused:

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
Pre facelift in the top half of the clear lenses in the lower grill, Facelift models innermost lenses of triple behind clear plastic headlamp cover. Try putting the hazard flashers on and stepping outside the car....when it is stationery in a 'safe' area :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had a bumper fitted, similar to this one below..
I would of presumed that the lights in the bumper was fog lights..? but I think i maybe wrong..??
I really need to know where the whole of the front lights are located on the car or with in the head lamp cluster

Thanks for the reply mate..:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
Looks like you've got a pre-facelift 147 with an aftermarket bumper. The lights in the original bumper would have been the indicators....so I can only presume that it depends on how it has been wired up.

For the headlights, original equipment would be, working from the inside (by the grille) to the outside, mainbeam, dipped beam, fog lights. So you would hope(!) the lights that look like fog lights on the new bumper are indicators. If not, perhaps the lenses have been hidden behind the grille.

Only other thing I can think of is to try looking for the bumper on the internet and see what the retailers say.:)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers mate..
Big help...

Would it be possible to swop the fog lights for the indicators by changing the wiring and using diffrent coloured blubs..?

If so, I wonder what the MOT station would notice...?

thanks again... made tomorrow alot easier for me..

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
Hmmm....Don't know for sure, but if I remember correctly way back in the annals of time when Ladas were the first car company to have big brake lights instead of Fog lights (they changed the wiring), they changed the law so that the lenses had to be the way the manufacturer wired them up. If thats the case it would put the dampers on Plan A, but please check my accuracy first.

Secondly, the bulbs would be very different fittings and that could be tricky.

The MOT station would definitely be very interested in your lights and indicators! Indicators not being 'orangey' enough is a fail!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Secondly, the bulbs would be very different fittings and that could be tricky.

The MOT station would definitely be very interested in your lights and indicators! Indicators not being 'orangey' enough is a fail!
I've both head lamps out, just getting ideas in my head..

The indicators would be clear, bulb be orange..

:thumbs:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts