Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 156 Veloce (2001) 2,0 litre....since the cold weather we have noticed the fuel consumption has increased to something like triple of what we have used before.

I wondered if it was the automatic choke sticking but the revs is the same as it has always been.

Then i wondered if it was because we changed the air filter for a sports one and it is now compensating for the more air by guzzling more fuel.

So if it is the air/fuel ratio is there a mixture screw anywhere to change it??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To me it seems that there is not enough poke in the engine...the missus thinks it has been the same and you get more power from the filter (tried explaining)....personally i would say it is down

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
To me it seems that there is not enough poke in the engine...the missus thinks it has been the same and you get more power from the filter (tried explaining)....personally i would say it is down
un plug your MAF and go for a drive and see if power is restored ...dont worry about tickover

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
sports filter = dead MAF.

follow the pipe up from the airbox and find the electrical connector, its the only sensor on the intake tubing. unplug it and see.

it wont idle well with it unplugged, once choke has dropped out, maybe even stall, but should drive like a train. if it feels no different then MAF is not your answer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts