Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed on my drivers seat the right side 'bolster' or whatever you would call it, the side support but is cracking / shiny and also I've noticed a bit of a creak or something coming from the clutch pedal. Just wondering if you guys think these would/should be warranty items as I'm a bit skint atm due to a rather heavy Christmas!:eek:
Would like to get them seen to but wary of above!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh sorry, should mention it's an '09 Ti so still under warranty, and it's done 19k so I don't think it's entirely unreasonable to expect it to not be cracking lol
Would mr sheen remove the shinyness do you mean?

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Mr Sheen on the upper bracket of the clutch pedal.

I doubt a crease is covered, need to wait till it splits unfortunately...

·
Registered
359 Posts
I would definatly get them to investigate the clutch noise, just had a new master clutch cylinder on mine as part of extended warranty, it was a problem that i could have just ignored.

Rob

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok no worries, I'll try drive it a bit more and see what kinda of noise it is exactly, I don't know if it's even possible for the metal footplate to maybe come loose and rattle a bit?

As for the seat it's more cracking than a crease, like flaking off, not sure what theyd say about that

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have the same creak on my clutch pedal. It's definately the linkage rather than mechanical so I'll give Mr Sheen a go this evening. :thumbs:

·
Registered
841 Posts
Good luck claiming on warranty. ARUK seme to think things like squeeks and rattles or leather splitting are acceptable on a premium motor vehicle :rolleyes:
To be fair if you have a decent stealer they will look at it to see if they can claim on warranty and will fit it if possible. If your relying on ARUK for 'goodwill' though then dont hold your breath.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had a drive last night, albeit short, wont have a proper drive until tomorrow, but for some reason I can't remember there being ALOT of 'play' in the clutch pedal before, but now when it's in gear for example, there is definitely what feels like a good 2 inches maybe of 'travel' before there is any sort of engagement with the clutch. Does anyone else find this?

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Western in Glasgow (and before that Edinburgh - in fact even Arnold Clark Springburn in the old days) have attended to all my warranty requests professionally, at all times, getting the regional manager in for authorisation wherever necessary, so if thats where you are taking it, I am sure you will get attention if its warranted.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have a 159 Ti also. My clutch pedal was squeaking and so i took it in the dealer to investigate. They said it was the clutch master cylinder on its way out.

It's being changed under warranty next week. So i would get them to change it or at least look at it.

the leather seat though is a tough one as its wear and tear. How many miles has it done?

ps my clutch pedal is the same........2 inches and then it bites. i think this is normal! :thumbs:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts