Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been offered a 55 plate 2.4JTD 156 with leather, 28k, years warranty, 6 months tax and delivered from 280 miles away for £7500.
I know it ain't a great idea just getting a car delivered but they did tell me that if it ain't as described I could send it back. May even splash out on an RAC check when it is delivered just to make sure.

My first thoughts are it is a fair price but wanna check.

So any ideas/thoughts/advice muchly appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, values it at 6700 if a good one and that is trade so I think 7500 with warranty and delivered is quite good.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
If it helps as a comparison I paid 7000 exactly in March for an 04 plate 156 2.0 JTS with leather, 12 months tax, 32k miles with main dealer FSH including belts done at 27k miles.

28k miles is close to needing the first belt change - has that been done? If not you'll need to factor that cost in within the next 6 months.

V

·
0 Posts
Diesels are a very different proposition really Fred. And the belt won't need changing until 60k. Sounds a good price to me if it's in good nick.

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Sound o.k. to me, maybe a little play in the price !

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the advice.

Just showed the mrs the add. Funny thing is that on the main site it was on for £7995 but when I searched the dealer site it said £7295.

So suddenly my £7500 int so good. Time for some more bartering me thinks. I think £7000 is gonna be my offer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts