·
Registered
13,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the Red corner... the defending champion:

Alfa Arna :eek:

In the Blue corner.. the latest contender from Munich:

BMW 1 series :(

Separated by era and technology.... but which one is the pig's ear and which (comparatively) the silk purse?

Ralf S.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Alfa Arna was just a pig, no doubt but you cannot accept more from a Jap design in the 80's can you.

Now BMW in the 21st century really have no excuse other than the knowledge that people would buy this status symbol no matter how cr4p the design or how floored the car so why bother.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Ralf S. said:

Separated by era and technology.... but which one is the pig's ear and which (comparatively) the silk purse?

Ralf S.
If you include cars from the past the award must go to the Citroen Ami 6. Mind you the 1 Series is very a close second. The Arna was just a bad idea...

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
1 series for me too.

It just mings. :rant:

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I don't know the look of Alfa Arna ... but BMW is ugly always :rolleyes:

·
Registered
17,658 Posts
I can only assume that the roof was leaking in the BMW Drawing Office when they designed the One Series. :rolleyes:

Or maybe they use computers (unlikely) and someone walked past the Monitor with a magnet in their pocket :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
145qv said:
I cannot see any car overtaking the 1 series for utter uglyness :D
I can: The X3! :D

·
Registered
15,174 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I don't think the ARNA was ugly. It was for an Alfa maybe, but as a Nissan it was just ordinary, though an improvement on the previous Cherry.

The 1 series though..... :eek:

Buck

E

·
0 Posts
145qv said:
I cannot see any car overtaking the 1 series for utter uglyness :D
How about a BMW M6? just as ugly as a 1 series but fast enough it will overtake it :D The front of a 6 is so so, but as Clarkson pointed out it looks like the designer died when he got to the back of the car.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Actually, thinking about it, there is not a single BMW in the current range that looks good. Quirky, untidy designs with lines that don't flow anywhere. BMW seem to be going a bit French on us with their designs but being German it's just not endearing anyone.

Do you think BMW are designing **** looking cars on purpose to proove to themselves that people will still buy them no matter what they look like? They're probably laughing at new BMW owners from the boardroom. I can hear them now, "ach, ach, ach, ach, tung, tung, tung, tung" whiles eating sausages and swilling down gallons of Pilsen Beer (no stereotyping here :D ).

·
Registered
15,637 Posts
i havent voted yet as i am going to see what everyone else has voted for because i hate to be on the losing vote :rolleyes: :D ;) :lol:

the arna has just pipped the bimmer though :D

·
Registered
13,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
In the style of any championship face-off, the rest of the Beemer range, or any other contender can ask for a match against the winner of this contest.

Arnie looks like getting a major tonking in the Ugly fight. :D

Ralf S.

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
well imo the more i see the 1 series the more i like it especially the top spec ones1. i dont think they've done too bad with thaat car and am thinkin of gettin the missus one!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Ralf S. said:

Ralf S.
In Alfa's defence: the hiddeous design of the Arna wasn't theres. Nissan f**ked that up for Alfa. On the downside, Alfa did agree to sell it.... :rant:

But I am puzzled: where the heck is the Fiat Multipla (first edition, http://tinypic.com/e1av7m.jpg) in your equasion??? Now that is one blind making design :tut:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts