Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts

·
Administrator
23,070 Posts
Doesn't look too bad from the pics but you have to ask yourself if it only costs £150 to fix (Halfords - shudder) then why doesn't the seller do it.

If it is slightly creased than that panel is the worst one to fix.

Certainly worth looking at though.

Paul.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Seems a tad expensive to me - nearly 5K. My 1998 GTV cost me £3,200 over a year ago (so in effect when it was 1 year older than the one you're getting). Okay, the mileage is low, but as Paul says, if its so cheap to fix why done's hte seller do that?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you think 5k is expensive for it?

I agree: I didn't even know that halfords do body repairs?
£130 sounds remarkably cheap for any body repair on a rear panel.
If the panels badly creased - you think it's not worth the hassle?

I've contacted the seller via pistonheads (it's on there too) to see if it's still for sale.

Good to se it's had a bit of work done on it though, but always very conscious that anyone could be trying to shift a 'problem' on.

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Seems a tad expensive TBH ...

You could pick up a T or V/W reg beautiful Spider for that price. :)

·
Registered
835 Posts
not sure on the price of the car as I don't watch GTV values but the damage... It's difficult to tell as silver doesn't show damage well in pictures but there are several dents and at lease one crease in the quater panel, quite close to the panel gap with the door too so to do that properly I would expect the quater and door will need paint so I would think you would get quotes of around £250 from a decent body shop....

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I agree. Silver the worst colour to match. You will have to spray the door aswell and maybe blow in the rear bumper to match.The good thing about the GTV is that you can flip off the feature line, this means you might get away with spraying just the lower half of the panels.

Not sure about price hard to see exact ammount of damage but for a Proper job expect to pay upto £400.
As for the price of the car it,s worth what you want to pay best to shop around.Or ask if you can take car to a bodyshop for an acurate quote then Haggle!!

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Have you checked out the 4 sale section on this forum?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts